Cowboys SoS- 32nd Defense- 30th Offense

Mango

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 14

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

Lol that’s rough.... a tough situation there, hope the Bills can show up that day. I’ll be skipping two large gatherings and watching in a hermetically sealed environment ( with plenty of rum) or a bar somewhere. I just cannot deal with it in a group setting like that. Hate that the Bills are playing ( late) on Turkey day, but there you have it ! 

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

Good pick up.  Go kick their butts.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think they are a real threat in the playoffs in the NFC. 

If they are not then they should be. This has to be Garrett's last season, surely. I said it in Monday Night's game thread... no team in the NFL has A and B level talent at so many key spots as the Cowboys.

Quarterback - B

Running Back - A

Left Tackle - A

Center - B

Right Guard - A

Right Tackle - A

#1 Receiver - B

Pass rusher - A

Defensive Tackle - B

Middle Linebacker - A

Will - A

#1 Cornerback - B

If they either miss the playoffs or go 1 and done in them that is such a waste. And then they have to pay Dak and slowly but surely some of that other talent - especially oline I think - will have to be let go.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

More doom and gloom.  The OP indicates they have faced really poor teams, yet the emphasis by most here is how we'll have trouble  with their run game.  How about that they'll have trouble with us?

Because they probably won’t. Dallas has a great O line and an amazing running back. What about that makes you think our defense can have a good day?

not to mention our offense has a tough time scoring. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

More doom and gloom.  The OP indicates they have faced really poor teams, yet the emphasis by most here is how we'll have trouble  with their run game.  How about that they'll have trouble with us?

I see no doom and gloom here. the bills struggle against the run. until they don't, a back like zeke can give them trouble. nothing doom and gloom about that? you get too worked up when you see the slightest of negativity against this team.

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't think they are a real threat in the playoffs in the NFC. 

They definitely aren't.  But to expect the Bills go to in there in a shortened week and beat them on primetime - that's a tall order.  Plus they have maulers up front and that's our weakness.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Love it.  That's what the naysayers never contemplate -- that other teams actually know Buffalo is a "tough out."  The Bills have a top 5 defense that teams have to prepare for.  They have an offense that has moved the ball very effectively, even if their scoring numbers are not where they should be.  They have a dynamic QB who can beat you in a multitude of ways.

I guarantee you NO team in the NFL looks at Buffalo on their schedule and thinks, "ok, we've got a break this week."

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Average teams can be a bad match up for even for good teams. In recent weeks we have had a tough time stopping the run. Zeke should scare us a bit. But it also does not mean they will have their way with us either. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

Love it.  That's what the naysayers never contemplate -- that other teams actually know Buffalo is a "tough out."  The Bills have a top 5 defense that teams have to prepare for.  They have an offense that has moved the ball very effectively, even if their scoring numbers are not where they should be.  They have a dynamic QB who can beat you in a multitude of ways.

I guarantee you NO team in the NFL looks at Buffalo on their schedule and thinks, "ok, we've got a break this week."

I have been as critical as anybody regarding this season, but I second this for sure!  While I don't think the Bills are in the upper echelon of teams as our record would indicate, I don't think anybody is looking past us whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

I agree that the Cowboys will not be looking at the Bills as an easy out - nor will any team in the league. But they also have a top 5 defense currently and a top 5 offense. I take the point about schedule - they get the Giants twice that helps. And the Cowboys are inconsistent.... but that is a very tough game for the Bills and while I expect them to be competitive in it I think Dallas will be favoured to win and that is probably right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

that is a very tough game for the Bills and while I expect them to be competitive in it I think Dallas will be favoured to win

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They definitely aren't.  But to expect the Bills go to in there in a shortened week and beat them on primetime - that's a tall order.  Plus they have maulers up front and that's our weakness.

I think that both teams are similar in that they aren't an easy out for anybody they face. I don't like the match up between Zeke and the current state of our run-D, but I do think they are beatable. Garrett is 4-5 on Thanksgiving. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

image.png.2679868ec4a43e5a1aabaaf9073bcb29.png

We are spending Thanksgiving in Dallas at Jerry's World -- wife and the three youngest sons.  That was the only way I could escape being institutionalized after behavior at a family Thanksgiving event.  Plus Senior in High School Son requested this as his graduation gift.  I love that young man!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2