Josh Allen: Beyond the field (story)

BillsFan4

I've rooted for him from day 1. Only this year do I have some doubts to his playing ability. Not that he' a bust by any stretch! But maybe he won't be elite. Still, I love the dude, would also walk to a brick wall for him, he brings it, the right kind of humbleness & likability combined with confidence & competitiveness. I sure hope he does become the #1 QB for the Bills - and the league ha ha - for the next 15 years! So fun to watch, a leader AND a great guy.

I just don't get Bills fans taking glee in putting him down!

Edited by Jerome007

5 hours ago, krf139 said:

I'm not comparing him to EJ on the field.  All I'm saying is that none of this stuff matters unless you deliver on the field.  

Yup. As someone who’s been a critic of Allen’s, it’s never been personal. Everyone I know who’s met him (I never had) said he’s a great dude. But even though it doesn’t seem like it, most Bills players are great dudes.  So if he can become a star on the field and be a good guy off it, that’s the dream.  I was young for Jim Kelly but he apparently he was a giant prick when he played.  So sadly, how good of a good you are doesn’t really matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll admit I still have some questions about if he can ever be an elite QB.

As everyone's indicated though he's certainly shown himself to be a wonderful young man.  I'm thinking by now he's proven well beyond those tweets that resurfaced on draft night.  And really who hasn't said dumb things they wish they could take back/didn't mean?  It seems silly anyone now would question his character