Scheduling Symmetry

I don't know if anyone has noticed this:

If you break the season into quarters, or four game segments, the first three quarters mirror each other.

The 1st, 5th, and 9th games are all on the road, and they are all 50/50 games that will ultimately decide the fate of your season. (@Jets, @Titans, @Browns ... I know Jets looks easy in hindsight but the Bills were slight underdogs).

There are two 'gimme' games in each quarter - Giants/Bengals, Dolphins/Skins, and Dolphins, Broncos.

There is one game each quarter that gets national attention - Pats, Eagles, Cowboys and the game becomes a free shot if you take care of the 50/50 game.

Unfortunately for the sake of symmetry the fourth quarter of the season doesn't really hold to this pattern. Just a weird quirk I wanted to point out.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Phins at home won't be a gimmie

Broncos have a defense that can ruin your day, they have an Allen at QB now (do they fall from trees?) that might be able to make some plays

Jets might be without Gase in the final game of the year and the interim coach will get those guys ready.

The NFL is a week to week league, anything can happen.

6 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this:

If you break the season into quarters, or four game segments, the first three quarters mirror each other.

The 1st, 5th, and 9th games are all on the road, and they are all 50/50 games that will ultimately decide the fate of your season. (@Jets, @Titans, @Browns ... I know Jets looks easy in hindsight but the Bills were slight underdogs).

There are two 'gimme' games in each quarter - Giants/Bengals, Dolphins/Skins, and Dolphins, Broncos.

There is one game each quarter that gets national attention - Pats, Eagles, Cowboys and the game becomes a free shot if you take care of the 50/50 game.

Unfortunately for the sake of symmetry the fourth quarter of the season doesn't really hold to this pattern. Just a weird quirk I wanted to point out.

I love this stuff. 

Let’s go a step further. 

We have six games against animals (2 Dolphins, Broncos, Eagles, Bengals, Ravens) and 16 games against teams with a plural noun. 

If you subtract 6 from 16 you get 10 but then add 1 for our Bye week you get 11. 

11 is the Greek  number of domination and, guess what? If you add the original 6 animal teams (referenced above) you get 17 - Josh Allen. Dominant Animal

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I have one word to define the OPs concept.

serendipity

or in layman's terms shite happens. 

OK I lied (whats new) ... more than 1 word 

The only games the schedule makers focus on is the Bills playing at least two of the AFCE opponents in Sept and finishing off in late December.  

The idea being that IF and it is a big IF Buffalo and NE or whomever is fighting for the AFCE Crown people will show up to the games.

What part of the bengals game was a gimmie? I thought almost the entire 4th quarter, the game could go either way. Since this game, the bengals look terrible. Going into it, and after the game was over, I thought we were very evenly matched.