We passed on Gordon. How 'bout Dez?

Hell no....dude was declining even before he left Dallas...could no longer separate and then was having issues catching the ball...so if you can't separate and then you can't catch the ball when a guy is on you, we have another Kelvin Benjamin.  Except this one is coming off a torn achilles which lowers his ability to separate even more.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

How about no. I feel for Dez, a little bit. I think all the brinksmanship in Dallas in his last years there around the QB and other things probably robbed him of some late career fireworks. But no, in my amateur opinion i think Dez is shot at this point. 

then again, I think John Brown has been awesome for this team so far and those that don’t share that opinion may want to roll the dice.

10 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Hard pass. Even for league minimum the guy comes in and has to take someone’s roster spot. Who are we cutting to sign him Foster, McKenzie, Duke? 
I like all three better than Dez at this point. 

Very good point as well. Dez seems very humble and willing to be a situational guy at this point but you still gotta cut someone to get him on your roster. Doesn’t need to be another WR of course, but it most likely would be. I wouldn’t cut any of those 3 bottom guys you named for Dez, even if Foster has done **** all this year.

8 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What harm does bringing him in for a workout do?

He said he’s not looking to be a starter, just to contribute. Seems to have the right attitude, still the same age as AJ Green. They’d be crazy not to kick the tires.

A workout does no harm. But let’s say it does go reasonably well...who you cutting to make room?

11 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Didn't the Cowboys hire a minder/babysitter to watch over Bryant and keep him out of trouble?

I don't care if he has grown up (or not), I don't want a guy that needed that at ANY point in his career.

He's an idiot.

dude that was a long, long time ago. You’re not wrong his personal family and maturity issued have been well documented. Long time ago though

Dez Bryant hasn’t been healthy since 2014. He did manage to play all 16 games in 2017, although his completion per target percentage dipped to 52%. This at a time NFL personnel were saying he’s lost his ability to separate. Add in an achilles injury last season and he’s basically a dead man walking on the field.

If Duke Williams who is 26 can’t get separation Dez has no chance.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stuvian said:

someone will give him a chance if he passes a physical. We don`t really have a tall red zone guy. I don`t think Coach Clappy wants any one who could be a distraction

Thought Duke was that redzone guy?