SI's Kalyn Kahler: Bills will not make playoffs

I am not happy she predicted the Colts and Raiders would get the AFC wild cards over us. Talk about a lack of respect! In the article, the other eight writers predicted the Bills would finish fifth in the AFC and get the first wild card spot. This is what she wrote:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/06/nfl-predictions-picks-playoffs-super-bowl-awards-midseason

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Chiefs
5. Colts
6. Raiders

SUPER BOWL LIV: 49ers over Ravens

I think the 4-4 Raiders have a real chance to make the playoffs. Oakland been an extremely difficult team to figure out this season. One week they get dismantled by the Vikings run game and lose by double-digits, the next week they completely shut down the Bears defense and scheme Khalil Mack out of the game. Jon Gruden has created some really smart game plans that have worked his season, and Derek Carr is much improved from the quarterback that we saw struggle last season. In the win over Detroit this week, he went 20-for-31 for 289 yards and two touchdowns. Rookie running back Josh Jacobs is a real talent and tight end Darren Waller has emerged as a matchup nightmare. The defense is suspect (three of the Raiders losses have been double-digit blowouts) but the Raiders are second in the AFC West and in the mix right now.

On the bright side, in the same article, Gary Gramling predicted Sean McDermott would be Coach of the Year.

9 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

I am not happy she predicted the Colts and Raiders would get the AFC wild cards over us. Talk about a lack of respect! In the article, the other eight writers predicted the Bills would finish fifth in the AFC and get the first wild card spot. This is what she wrote:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/06/nfl-predictions-picks-playoffs-super-bowl-awards-midseason

On the bright side, in the same article, Gary Gramling predicted Sean McDermott would be Coach of the Year.

And yet 9 writers collaborate and the one getting the link and large quote was the one you think is least accurate. Almost like consumers have decided to support controversy over accuracy.

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking of being a "horse's ass":

When we don't like a woman's opinion could we critique the opinion as it so justly deserves and not just slam her appearance?

I get What you’re saying, and I don’t care to defend the post itself, but don’t we do the do the same with male reporters? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Haha but did you notice every single one of them predicted SB "someone over Patriots" or two teams not including Patriots?

That didn't stink ?

That was the best part!

But a lot of them predicted Stephon Gillmore would be defensive player of the year. Grrrr....

6 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Post of the day x10.

Exactly!  I could see how ugly people might be offended though.  Should we worry?

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Stay classy Gungy.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Kalyn Kahler

I'd say she's a horse's ass.  But she's got too much of the horse's mouth.

Hello, I'm mrs Ed

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

How dare she (or anyone) not predict the Bills to make the playoffs and pick other teams over them!

They are 6-2 but havent beaten a team with a winning record yet, and struggled to get those wins. Why do the Bills even have to play the rest of the season?

Why do they deserve any respect? Respect is earned and it would be difficult to say that the Bills have earned respect if you go past the score board and watched their wins. Winning games because the other teams kicker misses 4+ FGs & XPs is a sustainable way of winning.......

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking of being a "horse's ass":

When we don't like a woman's opinion could we critique the opinion as it so justly deserves and not just slam her appearance?

If it was a guy who looked like a horse, I'd have made the same exact comment.  Nothing to do with gender at all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1