Bucs Rookie Kahzin Daniels blind in one eye to make start

As someone who is legally blind in one eye since age 3 and used to play football this surprises me.  My lack of true depth perception made catching ball very difficult and I am sure defenses will try to exploit blind side hits on him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-rookie-who-is-completely-blind-in-one-eye-set-to-make-his-nfl-debut/

Undrafted out of Division II Charleston (WV), the rookie outside linebacker was promoted from the practice squad to the Bucs' active roster Wednesday, and with veterans Carl Nassib and Anthony Nelson nursing injuries, he figures to make his NFL debut in Week 10 against the Arizona Cardinals -- almost two decades after he lost sight in his right eye.

• Like (+1) 7

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

As someone who is legally blind in one eye since age 3 and used to play football this surprises me.  My lack of true depth perception made catching ball very difficult and I am sure defenses will try to exploit blind side hits on him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-rookie-who-is-completely-blind-in-one-eye-set-to-make-his-nfl-debut/

Undrafted out of Division II Charleston (WV), the rookie outside linebacker was promoted from the practice squad to the Bucs' active roster Wednesday, and with veterans Carl Nassib and Anthony Nelson nursing injuries, he figures to make his NFL debut in Week 10 against the Arizona Cardinals -- almost two decades after he lost sight in his right eye.

Unreal! 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He may be better suited to be a referee.

He wouldn't make it, he would be over qualified for the position..........

I was wondering what position he played, I expected QB, Bears might be interested as an improvement then......

Edited by apuszczalowski

2 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I played with a guy who was blind in one eye in high school. He played corner and was probably the best open field tackler I’ve ever seen. It was incredible and I could never really understand how he was able to overcome that. 

Probably depends on when it happened.

If he was born blind it probably wasn't hard because he grew up learning how to do everything with the disability not knowing anything else. If it happened later in life it's probably more difficult because you have to relearn how to do things and you know there's a difference you aren't used too

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Probably depends on when it happened.

If he was born blind it probably wasn't hard because he grew up learning how to do everything with the disability not knowing anything else. If it happened later in life it's probably more difficult because you have to relearn how to do things and you know there's a difference you aren't used too

He was born with it. Just the whole depth perception thing and playing corner (obviously with his good eye facing the QB). It was really a great story. One of those guys when he made a tackle would just charge up on the ball carrier with so fast and always cut peoples legs out before they could even make a move. It was impressive to watch.