NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 10, 2019

How do they decide when the local team being home, means a Black out on the opposite network? Tennesse isn't the only home team this week, but they are the only area getting 2 games instead of 3. I'm pretty sure they only applied this to Buffalo once so far, and we have had 5 home games.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 10, 2019

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2019&wk=10

November 10, 2019

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

• Thursday Night: LA Chargers @ Oakland (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Minnesota @ Dallas (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Seattle @ San Francisco (ESPN)

• Byes: Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, New England, Philadelphia, Washington

Buffalo @ Cleveland          Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

ALL of NYS (not "upstate"), most of Vermont a bit of north western PA and most of Ohio

and North west Oklahoma?? 

Thanks for adding the map! I like colors!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

How do they decide when the local team being home, means a Black out on the opposite network? Tennesse isn't the only home team this week, but they are the only area getting 2 games instead of 3. I'm pretty sure they only applied this to Buffalo once so far, and we have had 5 home games.

If a game is being aired on your regional TV market, then NFLTicket / DTV  that knows where you live ... will not show the game on the upper channels DTV 703 to 718. 

If you live elsewhere the black out does not exist

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If a game is being aired on your regional TV market, then NFLTicket / DTV  that knows where you live ... will not show the game on the upper channels DTV 703 to 718. 

If you live elsewhere the black out does not exist

I'm not referring to the Direct TV.

Its that Nashville isn't showing a game on FOX, because they have a home game on CBS. I'm curious why that is. Nashville isn't the only city having a home NFL game, but they are the only city getting 2 afternoon games, instead of 3 like the reason the country.

Edited by wagon127

19 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I'm not referring to the Direct TV.

Its that Nashville isn't showing a game on FOX, because they have a home game on CBS. I'm curious why that is. Nashville isn't the only city having a home NFL game, but they are the only city getting 2 afternoon games, instead of 3 like the reason the country.

let me see if I can splain it

either CBS or FOX has a double header.   

the SINGLE game network chooses which time slot it wants to go with  and get a bigger market rating 

NO GAME due to blackout enforced by local home team on CBS

FOX won't show a game being aired on CBS. 

This game is on close to 50% of the US    Kansas City @ Tennessee   Jim Nantz, Tony Rom

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

let me see if I can splain it

either CBS or FOX has a double header.   

the SINGLE game network chooses which time slot it wants to go with  and get a bigger market rating 

That's exactly my point! Fox has the double header this week, and they are only showing one game to Nashville and Cleveland. Yet other markets that have CBS home games, are able to still get two games on Fox. It can't be market size, since Buffalo has benefited from having Two 1:00 games on TV, even with a home game.

Edited by wagon127

12 hours ago, Mopreme said:

What a surprise? Not on TV in NYC. Just pathetic. Don’t these Idiots realize that the Bills are the only NY team and this city is not in New Jersey. 

What a surprise you are surprised.    

It's got nothing to do with the state.   You think Maryland fans want to watch the pathetic Redskins every week? 

Regional Market Share

2014 compared to 2019 

original.png  seatgeek_map_with_logo.png

Where Do NFL Fans Live? Mapping Football Fandom Across the U.S

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

people are foiled from watching two games at the same time in this day and age?

I mean, I don't even live in Nashville or Cleveland, so I don't really care they don't get to watch 3 games in the afternoon. I'm just curious if anybody know why they both have that restriction. Especially when Fox is the Double header week, and those people don't get the Double Header.

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

I mean, I don't even live in Nashville or Cleveland, so I don't really care they don't get to watch 3 games in the afternoon. I'm just curious if anybody know why they both have that restriction. Especially when Fox is the Double header week, and those people don't get the Double Header.

If you REALLY want to see a game then you should be able to find a way to do it

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

If you REALLY want to see a game then you should be able to find a way to do it

I really don't want to watch any other game, aside from the Bills vs. Browns.

But I guess if I really wanted to find out how the regional broadcast restrictions work, I can find a way to do that. So apparently, it use to be almost every single market would only get 2 afternoon games, if their local team was at home. This year they are testing to see if they can lift this restriction. So it will be much more common to have local home games still have 3 regional games. But once in a while the old rule applies.

18 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

But I guess if I really wanted to find out how the regional broadcast restrictions work, I can find a way to do that. So apparently, it use to be almost every single market would only get 2 afternoon games, if their local team was at home. This year they are testing to see if they can lift this restriction. So it will be much more common to have local home games still have 3 regional games. But once in a while the old rule applies.

Have you tried this thing called GOOGLE?? 

The National Football League television blackout policies are the strictest television blackout .... with an increasing number of employees working in the immediate Rochester area living in Yates County and traveling to Rochester for events. ... The network airing the event is given the single game at 1:00 or 4:00 p.m. tha

FOX Just Issued an Official Statement on The NFL Blackout ...

Sep 11, 2017 · 21 Responses to FOX Just Issued an Official Statement on The NFL Blackout For PlayStation Vue Subscribers risingtide September 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm # The statement from Fox is very clear that they were only blacked out because of a confusion and that going forward, the NFL games won’t be blacked out.

50 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Have you tried this thing called GOOGLE?? 

The National Football League television blackout policies are the strictest television blackout .... with an increasing number of employees working in the immediate Rochester area living in Yates County and traveling to Rochester for events. ... The network airing the event is given the single game at 1:00 or 4:00 p.m. tha

FOX Just Issued an Official Statement on The NFL Blackout ...

Sep 11, 2017 · 21 Responses to FOX Just Issued an Official Statement on The NFL Blackout For PlayStation Vue Subscribers risingtide September 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm # The statement from Fox is very clear that they were only blacked out because of a confusion and that going forward, the NFL games won’t be blacked out.

Everything you keep posting has nothing to do with my question. 

I dont think you bothered to read the 2nd half of my post  which answered my question. Is that its an old rule they are phasing out. DirectTV and playstation vue have nothing to do with this. I don't understand why that's what you bothered to post as a response.....

Edited by wagon127

59 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

if you are on the internet (apparently you are) there are other means to get the game besides cable TV, if you wish to pursue this avenue....

someone will gladly hook you up if you ask

i get all the games i want on cable, so no complaints