Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I’m not a f*****g troll.  I’m not CSU fan trolling Josh.  I’m a WNY native, huge Bills fan, that has a different opinion as you.  GMAFB.

FYI, I grew up in suburbs of Rochester, my family and I have been Bills fans my whole life.  My 3 older children were born at Strong Hospital in Rochester.  I was married in a church in Pittsford, as my wife is also a Rochester native.

Professionally I have moved around with my company.  We left WNY in 2004, lived in Houston for 8 years.  Then moved to Denver when my older kids were starting High School.  We just moved back to WNY this summer with our 2 younger kids, our 3 older kids stayed in Colorado as 2 of them are at Colorado St, another at the University of Colorado.  I’m not a CSU fan, just attended many games with my boys.  I’m a CU fan where my daughter attends school.

I’m a passionate, lifelong Bills fan.  I’ve watched every game, even having been away for 15 years.  Yes, I hated the Allen pick, like I said before mostly because they gave up capital to get him.  I hope Josh is the QB for us now that he is here.

I respect your Bill's passion.  I guess I strongly disagree with an assumption that non P5 players are, by definition, lesser in value than are P5s.  Lots of reasons that this isn't the case.  Kids grow and mature at different rates.  Allen was in the first round for both of his soph and junior years while at UW.  The vast majority of pundits held an opinion different than yours.  Whatcha think of that other MWC QB performance last night?   Carr was money on that final drive.

Time will tell who gave up too much draft capital and who didn't.  Today, all you and I have in that regard are our different opinions.

Curious...did you ever get to Laramie for a CSU/Wyo game?  Laramie is the ideal college town.

Go Bills.

Edited by Pokebball

22 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

sorry is that 7TD's for Allen passing or passing + rushing?

If your going to exclude rushing td's for Jackson do it for Allen as well 

Seriously, you were too lazy to check before commenting? Passing wise the two seem to be going in different directions, Josh started the year slowly and is getting better and Lamar started hot, when no one thought they would throw as much, once teams adjusted his passing game has gone downhill quickly and he's reverted back to running the ball. Ran 36 times the first 4 games and has ran 63 times the last 4 games.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:55 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious if you think he is a bigger asset right now or liability? My point is that this team has some issues and he is helping them keep winning.

and he does a lot to keep very bad teams within inches of beating us.Works both ways. Overall his assets outdo his liabilities---so i agree on that exact point.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, wiley16350 said:

What are you basing the Daboll Scheming throws on?  Seems like this weeks game because the Bills haven't really thrown that many screen passes or slants.  They did this week but they haven't been staples of the offense all year.  Shovel passes have been 1-2 each week but the other ones haven't been that prevalent.  The one pass that was seemingly behind McKenzie was actually perfect because of where the linebacker was.  He would have led him into a hit if it wasn't behind him.  Go watch some Cover-1 episodes on youtube and you'll see that Allen is being asked to make big boy reads and they aren't scheming plays to make things easier.  Hell, if calling screen passes and slants is what coordinators do to help a QB that can't read defenses then the Patriots are very afraid to let Tom Brady make full field reads.

After attending the Browns game I think you are right. After the Washington game I think it was just wishful thinking on my part.  Daboll went back to the usual offense.  Also I checked the stats for other games.  Washington was the aberration.  I would like to see him call more games like that one, but there’s no indication that he’s tracking that way.