Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just had 3 tds against a defense that was undefeated and off to a record start.

Honest question: do you think our record would be different with Mayfield?

Honest answer, no

Coaching/ good game planning matters...

...Buffalo also has an easier schedule IMO...

Edited by Figster

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But 2 were on the ground and that really has nothing to do with being a good QB. That 1 TD was his only passing TD in his last 3 games for crying out loud. The game before that he had 1 TD and 3 INTs vs the Steelers. He had almost as many TDs vs Miami that he's had in the other 7 games combined. Passing wise he has cooled way off from early in the year, there's is absolutely no denying that.

He isn't just a passer

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just had 3 tds against a defense that was undefeated and off to a record start.

Let me answer your question this way...I think Cleveland would have more wins if Allen was their QB.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh has improved tremendously in the short and intermediate range, he has regressed somewhat with his downfield passing. I think weighing both elements of his game I would say he has improved overall. I am very curious to see how he improves or develops the rest of the way. Through 8 games he has already shown significant growth. 

I think they should run more deep routes where the receiver is running across the field as opposed to straight down the sideline. Those are easier throws to gauge

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But that doesn't make him a good QB, it makes him good at running the ball.

I think it does.  He's still completing 65% of passes at about a 200 YPG clip... and adding 80 per game on the ground.  He's a dynamic playmaker, who plays QB.  It's just different.  His numbers will never match up with other QBs - and that's OK.  They're winning games, and scoring points.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I think they should run more deep routes where the receiver is running across the field as opposed to straight down the sideline. Those are easier throws to gauge

They do this a lot already.  The deep shots are really called because it creates a hi/lo read that is super quick, you know right off the bat whether you have the throw or not - and if you don't you know where else to go with the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is it too late to change this to a PUBLIC poll?

I don't think you need it to be a public poll my friend. It's pretty easy by the posts in this thread to count the "no's" :lol:

31 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yes, he's getting better. Also, 17 drops is unacceptable.  

And a couple of those drops turned into INT's on the ricochet. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't think you need it to be a public poll my friend. It's pretty easy by the posts in this thread to count the "no's" :lol:

And a couple of those drops turned into INT's on the ricochet. 

6%, or about 1/10th of JAs pass completion percentage believe he is not improving :) 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, the Browns are scoring less points per game than the Bills despite having substantially more talent. I would take any receiver or running back on their team over their counterpart here, yet they are scoring less points. So yes, I think our record would be different with Mayfield here. What makes you think it wouldn't be?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So what do you think big guy, you didn't say? Mayfield Bills record, Allen Browns record. You implied it would be something different. Explain instead of asking questions.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Passing yardage is always at the top of the list. Throw for 300 or you suck. 

Here's the thing though, there will come a time say against the Chiefs for instance that the 300 yard game may become necessary. Mahomes and company comes at you fast a furious. Fall to far behind and game over. 

Is Allen improving? Yes, most fans agree. With that being said Josh Allen still has a long way to go to take down the A Rodgers or Mahomes of the NFL IMO.

Winning an offensive shootout is the box not yet checked.  I think it will come on Thanksiving, Romo and Nance will be gushing like when they beat the Vikes last year and the lack of national respect we've been discussing will start to die.

• Like (+1) 1

It's understanding opposing defenses better that he needs to improve on.  He can throw the ball just fine (improve as a passer not necessary), we need him to be able to identify and react more quickly.  This comes with time and repetition.