Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Figster said:

I wouldn't confuse decreased pass attempts because of the proper game planning dictated by weather conditions and the opposition with a decline in Josh Allens development. The Buffalo Bills are built to weather the storm.

Pretty hard to throw into or even with a 30mph wind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It blatantly clear that Allen has improved as a passer.  In each successive game he's getting closer to jumping that hump. 

More often than not, his eyes are on the right player but he still hesitates a split second before throwing it or pulling the ball down to run.   I'm guessing that he still doesn't trust those kinds of throws because they're not instinctive to him yet.   It's that hesitation that's holding him back right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

why don't people who don't feel josh is improving explain why?  it's a legit opinion, so why not put it out there?

Passing yardage is always at the top of the list. Throw for 300 or you suck. 

Here's the thing though, there will come a time say against the Chiefs for instance that the 300 yard game may become necessary. Mahomes and company comes at you fast a furious. Fall to far behind and game over. 

Is Allen improving? Yes, most fans agree. With that being said Josh Allen still has a long way to go to take down the A Rodgers or Mahomes of the NFL IMO.

Just now, Figster said:

Passing yardage is always at the top of the list. Throw for 300 or you suck. 

Here's the thing though, there will come a time say against the Chiefs for instance that the 300 yard game may become necessary. Mahomes and company comes at you fast a furious. Fall to far behind and game over. 

Is Allen improving? Yes, most fans agree. With that being said Josh Allen still has a long way to go to take down the A Rodgers or Mahomes of the NFL IMO.

i think you're right with the 300 benchmark.  and i also think you're right about allen at this point.  he's not going to out gun the big boys at this point in time. we knew he was a project, and as long as there's continued improvement, they should stick with him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

why don't people who don't feel josh is improving explain why?  it's a legit opinion, so why not put it out there?

He's improved in short yardage passes but regressed in deep passes. 

He's improved over a few games in interceptions, but has fumbled it in multiple games. 

He's being hidden by this coaching staff over the last few weeks and it obvious to anyone who's paying attention. 

They let Allen rip it early on in year and it was disasterous.   The ints, the fumbles, the wreckless runs, the injury, etc.   So they pulled in the reins.  That's the reason his passing has dropped.  He was putting the team in too many holes with bad throws. 

So, he's improved in some areas, and regressed in others.   Its a push imo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

7 TDs & only 1 INT, in his last 4 games. 6 of the 7 TDs were in the redzone & 5 were to WRs(All weak points last year). Yeah he's improving. 

For comparison...Some are treating Lamar like he's God, he runs a lot I get it, but in his last 4 games he had games of 161 yards, 236 yards, 143 yards & 163 yards with only 2 TDs & 3 INTs. Matter of fact take the Miami game out and he has only 7 TDs & 5 INTs in his other 7 games. 

So should we take out Allen’s 202 and 2 tds against Miami? Stuff like this makes zero sense.

and I do feel like his short game has improved.  He’s still not good enough as a passer to be a franchise guy and I would love to see more indications that he is the type of qb that elevates his teammates.  But there has been subtle improvements.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TwistofFate said:

He's improved over a few games in interceptions, but has fumbled it in multiple games. 

He's being hidden by this coaching staff over the last few weeks and it obvious to anyone who's paying attention. 

They let Allen rip it early on in year and it was disasterous.   The ints, the fumbles, the wreckless runs, the injury, etc.   So they pulled in the reins.  That's the reason his passing has dropped.  He was putting the team in too many holes with bad throws. 

Image result for laughing gif

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

i don't think this is as extreme as you're making it out to be.  that being said, i don't know what the coaches plan for josh is.  are they bringing him along slowly?  is this just the offense they intend to run regardless of the qb?  i'm not sure what you're talking about having allen "let it rip" and finding out it was a disaster.  can you elaborate?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So should we take out Allen’s 202 and 2 tds against Miami? Stuff like this makes zero sense.

and I do feel like his short game has improved.  He’s still not good enough as a passer to be a franchise guy and I would love to see more indications that he is the type of qb that elevates his teammates.  But there has been subtle improvements.

Why does it not make sense? Take a look at his games this year, which one doesn't belong? It's an outlier of all his other games. If the Miami team from the first couple of weeks played the Miami team from the last couple of weeks who would win and what would the score be? The team from the first few weeks would get their butts handed to them, there was absolutely NO effort from them.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Creating the poll in such simple terms is not helpful or meaningful.

Is he improving, at all?  Yes.  In small, incremental ways.

Is it enough?  No, not close.

so you answered yes?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Creating the poll in such simple terms is not helpful or meaningful.

Is he improving, at all?  Yes.  In small, incremental ways.

Is it enough?  No, not close.

Yet Buffalo sits at 6 - 2 and the supposed top gun in a real good draft class Baker Mayfield and the Browns are 2 - 6. Mayfield playing with arguably a much better supporting cast. Superbowl contenders, remember?

I like the pace and I like the development , especially considering all the new faces on O.

A work in progress...

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Why does it not make sense? Take a look at his games this year, which one doesn't belong? It's an outlier of all his other games. If the Miami team from the first couple of weeks played the Miami team from the last couple of weeks who would win and what would the score be? The team from the first few weeks would get their butts handed to them, there was absolutely NO effort from them.

He just had 3 tds against a defense that was undefeated and off to a record start.

8 minutes ago, Figster said:

Yet Buffalo sits at 6 - 2 and the supposed top gun in a real good draft class Baker Mayfield and the Browns are 2 - 6. Mayfield playing with arguably a much better supporting cast. Superbowl contenders, remember?

I like the pace and I like the development , especially considering all the new faces on O.

A work in progress...

Honest question: do you think our record would be different with Mayfield?

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just had 3 tds against a defense that was undefeated and off to a record start.

But 2 were on the ground and that really has nothing to do with being a good QB. That 1 TD was his only passing TD in his last 3 games for crying out loud. The game before that he had 1 TD and 3 INTs vs the Steelers. He had almost as many TDs vs Miami that he's had in the other 7 games combined. Passing wise he has cooled way off from early in the year, there's is absolutely no denying that.

Take a look at the first 4 games, then the last 4 games. He's not the same QB passing wise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS