Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ask Stafford how many playoff wins his stats lines have gotten the Lions for example?

Raw passing numbers don't tell a whole story anyway.  He put up that stat line.. in a losing effort... against the consensus worst team in football and worst defense in football. 

In 13 extra attempts Darnold threw for 1 more pick, 1 fewer TD and about 60 more yards against Miami... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

This is such a strange statement.  Buffalo scored more points.  Had a better 3rd down conversion rate, were better in the Red zone, better yards per completion, no picks, got sacked less... They ran it 39 times because they were winning basically the entire game.  

and the winds were a blowin

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

and the winds were a blowin

Yeah - Wentz had 170 yards passing the week before and maybe 2 completions that i remember that were down the field.  They had a few good short passes that got lots of yardage.  Stat line doesn't show that like all of his scrambles were first downs either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has improved tremendously in the short and intermediate range, he has regressed somewhat with his downfield passing. I think weighing both elements of his game I would say he has improved overall. I am very curious to see how he improves or develops the rest of the way. Through 8 games he has already shown significant growth. 

50 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yes has improved alot. He has tremendous upside still and will likely continue to move towards that because of his makeup, barring serious injury of course.

I want to know who the bums are that said no? I could probably guess. I mean there is still the 300 yard crew around, you know the ones who evaluate QB play based on total yards. There is actually a guy on Bills Wire who thought Sam Darnold had a better game than Josh on Sunday. LMFAO. One guy had a111.6 rating another 85.4, guess who?

Nick Wojton-"It’s hard to say Allen had a bad game. He did what was asked. But his game still wasn’t good. A push seems right.

Allen finished the game 14-for-20 passing for 160 yards and a touchdown. He also had eight carries for 12 yards and a rushing score. For comparison sake, the Jets lost to the Dolphins but quarterback Sam Darnold was still 27-for-39 passing for 260 yards with a touchdown and interception. OK, he didn’t win, but that stat line is much better."

The guy obviously doesn't take into account that Darnold got 8 of his completions, 80+ of those yards, and his only TD on a meaningless, late 4th qtr drive where the Dolphins had the game in hand. People are stupid. 

About Josh though? Definitely shown improvement and progressively doing so. The answer is yes and yes with it being in tandem. 

Yes and no.  At times he looks like it's clicking in and at other times he reverts back to doing things he should have nailed by now, such as not throwing the ball away and not sliding.  What I'd also like to see is more play action and screens (but that may be on play calling, not him).

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

His passing yards have decreased in every single game this year versus his previous game with only one exception (and that exception is because his numbers against the Patriots were exceptionally low).  Allen is an unusual case in that the eye test tells you that he should be good, but the numbers never support that.  This was the case for him in Junior college, at Wyoming, and still is in Buffalo.  He's like the anti Kirk Cousins.

7 TDs & only 1 INT, in his last 4 games. 6 of the 7 TDs were in the redzone & 5 were to WRs(All weak points last year). Yeah he's improving. 

For comparison...Some are treating Lamar like he's God, he runs a lot I get it, but in his last 4 games he had games of 161 yards, 236 yards, 143 yards & 163 yards with only 2 TDs & 3 INTs. Matter of fact take the Miami game out and he has only 7 TDs & 5 INTs in his other 7 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

7 TDs & only 1 INT, in his last 4 games. 6 of the 7 TDs were in the redzone & 5 were to WRs(All weak points last year). Yeah he's improving. 

For comparison...Some are treating Lamar like he's God, he runs a lot I get it, but in his last 4 games he had games of 161 yards, 236 yards, 143 yards & 163 yards with only 2 TDs & 3 INTs. Matter of fact take the Miami game out and he has only 7 TDs & 5 INTs in his other 7 games. 

Stop confusing people with facts. Lol.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Was Nick Wojton dropped on his head as an infant? That is perhaps the most idiotic point ever made about QB stats. 

Did he actually watch the Miami/Jets game? Darnold couldn't even remember his own snap count on his own 1 yard line ;) 

That redzone pass/int with the ball sideways in his hand was another beauty. ;) 

Yes and I think he is only scratching the surface of his potential! So glad we have him!!

17 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Thanks for that info! Not always as things seem!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Did he actually watch the Miami/Jets game? Darnold couldn't even remember his own snap count on his own 1 yard line ;) 

That redzone pass/int with the ball sideways in his hand was another beauty. ;) 

No way he watched either the Jets or Bills games. He looked at the stat lines after the games and deduced his nonsense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

His passing yards have decreased in every single game this year versus his previous game with only one exception (and that exception is because his numbers against the Patriots were exceptionally low).  Allen is an unusual case in that the eye test tells you that he should be good, but the numbers never support that.  This was the case for him in Junior college, at Wyoming, and still is in Buffalo.  He's like the anti Kirk Cousins.

I wouldn't confuse decreased pass attempts because of the proper game planning dictated by weather conditions and the opposition with a decline in Josh Allens development. The Buffalo Bills are built to weather the storm.

• Like (+1) 2