Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I voted no because somebody had to.

Productive use of your time

Just now, the skycap said:

I'd like to see him move better in the pocket. Manipulate it so that he can have more time to throw the ball as opposed to taking off and running. Certainly if he can run to get a 1st down and keep the chains moving fine, but I'd like to see him get to the level of Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson manipulation of the pocket

I believe that he will. I think his path to the NFL has left his QB skills undeveloped. It'll take time but he'll get there, he's highly coachable.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I'd like to see him move better in the pocket. Manipulate it so that he can have more time to throw the ball as opposed to taking off and running. Certainly if he can run to get a 1st down and keep the chains moving fine, but I'd like to see him get to the level of Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson manipulation of the pocket

He already has a natural pocket awareness that you cannot teach. He needs to learn when to trust the line when they are actually giving him the extra time he needs. I think he will continue to improve in this area.

Allen has got the tools.  He has the ability to make every NFL throw as well as elite running ability.  It takes repetition for the game to slow down and the offense to become second nature.

New O-line

New Recievers

New TE

New RBs

2nd YEAR QB!

...all things considered, there's no guarantee that Bellichick would have this team at 6-2 had he replaced McDermott!

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Just wanted to get a gauge of what people around here think.

Follow up question.

Do you think hes going to get even better?

Yes.  I would imagine that the vast majority of NFL-caliber players in general and QBs specifically don't peak midway through year 2.  If this is as good as he'll ever get, then the pick was a bust.  But I don't see why so many people seem to think that a player with his age & experience wouldn't get better going forward.

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

He's static and has hit a wall.  He'll never be better than 52% completion rate, 56% completion rate, 61% completion rate or be good in the short passing game, complete the deep ball

There, you forgot a couple things

• Haha (+1) 3

Yes has improved alot. He has tremendous upside still and will likely continue to move towards that because of his makeup, barring serious injury of course.

I want to know who the bums are that said no? I could probably guess. I mean there is still the 300 yard crew around, you know the ones who evaluate QB play based on total yards. There is actually a guy on Bills Wire who thought Sam Darnold had a better game than Josh on Sunday. LMFAO. One guy had a111.6 rating another 85.4, guess who?

Nick Wojton-"It’s hard to say Allen had a bad game. He did what was asked. But his game still wasn’t good. A push seems right.

Allen finished the game 14-for-20 passing for 160 yards and a touchdown. He also had eight carries for 12 yards and a rushing score. For comparison sake, the Jets lost to the Dolphins but quarterback Sam Darnold was still 27-for-39 passing for 260 yards with a touchdown and interception. OK, he didn’t win, but that stat line is much better."

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Haha (+1) 3

Since the beginning of the season we have watched him grow.

The short throw accuracy is improved through mechanics and not putting too much zip( thought he still has some work to do on the zip)

The hero ball and decision making are where i see the most improvement. He’s throwing the ball away in situations that he would force last year and earlier this year. By my count it’s three games in a row where he hasn’t done something completely boneheaded .

The O as a whole is still very much a work in progress.

30 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yes has improved alot. He has tremendous upside still and will likely continue to move towards that because of his makeup, barring serious injury of course.

I want to know who the bums are that said no? I could probably guess. I mean there is still the 300 yard crew around, you know the ones who evaluate QB play based on total yards. There is actually a guy on Bills Wire who thought Sam Darnold had a better game than Josh on Sunday. LMFAO. One guy had a111.6 rating another 85.4, guess who?

Nick Wojton-"It’s hard to say Allen had a bad game. He did what was asked. But his game still wasn’t good. A push seems right.

Allen finished the game 14-for-20 passing for 160 yards and a touchdown. He also had eight carries for 12 yards and a rushing score. For comparison sake, the Jets lost to the Dolphins but quarterback Sam Darnold was still 27-for-39 passing for 260 yards with a touchdown and interception. OK, he didn’t win, but that stat line is much better."

Ask Stafford how many playoff wins his stats lines have gotten the Lions for example?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Over 94%

Now ask yourself, do you think Daboll might deserve a little credit?

Yes. The harping against Daboll is one of the most annoying elements on TBD right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

This is such a strange statement.  Buffalo scored more points.  Had a better 3rd down conversion rate, were better in the Red zone, better yards per completion, no picks, got sacked less... They ran it 39 times because they were winning basically the entire game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Was Nick Wojton dropped on his head as an infant? That is perhaps the most idiotic point ever made about QB stats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1