Daboll is an excellent play caller

1 minute ago, Buffbills123 said:

I disagree.  WRs are wide open.  It’s on the QB to execute.  The OC should not go run heavy  to hide JA’s deficiencies.  Cleveland was in cover zero most of the game. The plays were there, the QB wasn’t. 

That’s what good offensive coordinators do they make adjustments to adjust to the team’s strengths. 

Once again, Josh is who he is and that’s a project QB. The offensive scheme is not working and hasn’t been working. How long do you stay with the same game plan each game when you can’t score? How many times do you call designed runs for your QB who has trouble holding onto the football? If your QB can’t hit certain plays then why don’t they adjust? We see the same thing from Josh every week some good some bad. Josh is who he is so why does everyone expect to see something different from him each game. He’s not all of a sudden going to start hitting deep balls when he hasn’t all season long. Any growth at this point will come in the off season not during the season. 

3 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Riddle me this Kool Aid drinker. If WRs are wide open, is it a bad or good play design? 

Bad if you have an inconsistent QB. Riddle me this, if your QB is not consistent why have him throw 41 times especially when the team you’re playing has a horrible run defense. I’m not saying run it 50 times but if you have a project QB why continue to have him throw so many times. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

That’s what good offensive coordinators do they make adjustments to adjust to the team’s strengths. 

Once again, Josh is who he is and that’s a project QB. The offensive scheme is not working and hasn’t been working. How long do you stay with the same game plan each game when you can’t score? How many times do you call designed runs for your QB who has trouble holding onto the football? If your QB can’t hit certain plays then why don’t they adjust? We see the same thing from Josh every week some good some bad. Josh is who he is so why does everyone expect to see something different from him each game. He’s not all of a sudden going to start hitting deep balls when he hasn’t all season long. Any growth at this point will come in the off season not during the season. 

I think the complete opposite.  Growth and progress needs to transpire during the season when it matters.  I would rather the training wheels be kept at Toys R Us to see exactly what we have in our “franchise” QB rather than adjust to hide his flaws.

Edited by Buffbills123

12 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

I disagree.  WRs are wide open.  It’s on the QB to execute.  The OC should not go run heavy  to hide JA’s deficiencies.  Cleveland was in cover zero most of the game. The plays were there, the QB wasn’t. 

They played the 30th ranked run defense who have been giving up and average of 5 YPC and nearly 150YPG.  Do you not think that they played to stop the run against other teams? Guess what? They could not.

***** take what they give you.  Take what you want.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

They played the 30th ranked run defense who have been giving up and average of 5 YPC and nearly 150YPG.  Do you not think that they played to stop the run against other teams? Guess what? They could not.

***** take what they give you.  Take what you want.

Hey pal, play designs were leading to wide open receivers and the opposing defense was playing cover zero, press man and a loaded box.  Daboll was fine.  Allen was not. 

Just now, Buffbills123 said:

Hey pal, play designs were leading to wide open receivers and the opposing defense was playing cover zero, press man and a loaded box.  Daboll was fine.  Allen was not. 

Hey bub, what's higher percentage, rushing for 5YPC or tossing it 50 yards down field?  Daboll is the main problem on this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Hey bub, what's higher percentage, rushing for 5YPC or tossing it 50 yards down field?  Daboll is the main problem on this team.

I’m not referring solely to the missed deep attempts.  Educate yourself and watch the tape.  What’s a higher percentage, a run against an 8 man box or a wide open receiver?

If you’re answer is run, the problem lies in the QB, not the play caller. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

I’m not referring solely to the missed deep attempts.  Educate yourself and watch the tape.  What’s a higher percentage, a run against an 8 man box or a wide open receiver?

I agree 100 percent plays by josh were there to be made and he didnt 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

So by you're logic. The Packers need to fire there coach. More run plays vs pass. Even tho they won but ran more running plays. (Balanced)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

So by you're logic. The Packers need to fire there coach. More run plays vs pass. Even tho they won but ran more running plays. (Balanced)

What?  By my logic, if the OC is creating open receivers for his QB then he is doing a fine job, regardless of run/pass ratio. 

Edited by Buffbills123

8 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

What?  By my logic, if the OC is creating open receivers for his QB then he is doing a fine job, regardless of run/pass ratio. 

Devin Singletary stats
Game stats

Game
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC

11/10
@
image.png.1146d94b0a84def986f45575ec406c9c.png

11/3
vs
image.png.c6b500b63c5f0ab27562752acdae080d.png

10/27
vs
image.png.62c78a9e2d79b01a3ba565bda6dc2da0.png

10/20
vs
1ysKnl7VwOQO8g94gbjKdQ_28x21.png
-

9/15
@
q8qdTYh-OWR5uO_QZxFENw_28x21.png
-

9/8
@
T4TxwDGkrCfTrL6Flg9ktQ_28x21.png

Regular Season

Sorry this is truth over you're personal thoughts. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Devin Singletary stats
Game stats

Game
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC

11/10
@

11/3
vs

10/27
vs

10/20
vs
-

9/15
@
-

9/8
@

Regular Season

So by what your saying is we need to run more and what does that do to cause we've been a running team for years and where did that get us 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Devin Singletary stats
Game stats

Game
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC

11/10
@

11/3
vs

10/27
vs

10/20
vs
-

9/15
@
-

9/8
@

Regular Season

Sorry this is truth over you're personal thoughts. 

What is your truth?  All is see is copy/paste and completely ignoring my point. 

Edited by Buffbills123

1 minute ago, Buffbills123 said:

What is your truth?  All is see is copy/paste and completely ignoring my point. 

Point is we have a young project Qb that needs the help of a run game to be successful. So why did we abandon what was successful last week against a team that can’t stoop the run?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Point is we have a young project Qb that needs the help of a run game to be successful. So why did we abandon what was successful last week against a team that can’t stoop the run?

The defensive looks were completely different this week relative to last week.  Hence, why Daboll decided to continue to press the pass against a defense that was daring Allen to beat them.  

I don't agree.  I do not like his offensive approach at all.  The guy seems to play to the strengths of the opposing team. His offense seems pretty weak.  Can blame that on Allen if you want to.  I won't argue with anyone.  In my opinion, Daboll is a terrible OC.  There is a reason he has never in his career had a good offense in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffbills123 said:

3rd and 4.  You know you're going for it on fourth down.  What do you do?  Is empty backfield part of your answer?

Allen needs work but, I cannot tell at this point whether he's worth contract number 2 because of Daboll.  It is up to the coaches to put the players in the best position to be successful.  It is up to the FO to surround the young QB with sufficient play makers and protection.  The FO has done ok, maybe B-, the coaches I give a D-.  They have until the end of next year to figure out if he's the guy (I know your mind is made up) and if Daboll is still around then the team is not going to know which way to jump.  I don't want that.

Hire Norv as Associate HC this off season.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, George C said:

Geez...

We’re not Cleveland. Let’s not fire everyone on a whim... Let them develop the team and the players for gods sake. 

Daboll is and should be our coordinator for the foreseeable future. 

I don’t think we should fire Daboll on a whim.  But I think he needs more oversight and guidance than he’s getting routinely from McDermott - more “coaching the coaches”.  I agree with a lot of Gugny’s post and while it ticked me off big time last week, I acknowledge it’s a valid point that a good OL ought to be able to win on an “and 1” - I still think it might be worth trying to mix it up a bit.

Maybe he’s a football Mensa member and I’m just an ignorant fan but Daboll just doesn’t seem to latch in to the “big picture”.  The weather sucks for passing, so we focus on the pass game vs the Iggles. The Browns have a poor run defense, so Singletary (who was awesome last week) gets 8 carries.  Our QB is struggling with the deep pass so we dial up a deep pass on a critical “and 4”.  It’s been discussed that we’re pretty predictable in what plays we run from different formations and with certain personnel on the field.  It just doesn’t seem like it puts our guys in the best position to succeed.

Yes, there were plays to be made that Allen missed.  No sugar-coating, that’s a problem.  But it’s not the whole picture.  When you’re playing a bottom-dragging run D and you have a young back who had a great game last week, you would think giving him the ball more than 8 times might be a thought.

The defensive looks were completely different this week relative to last week.  Hence, why Daboll decided to continue to press the pass against a defense that was daring Allen to beat them.  

Here’s the thing though: giving a defensive look and being able to execute it consistently are two different things.  The Browns have been trying to stack the box and stop the run and not succeeding.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Exactly!!!!.....Dabol is ruining allen amd putting too much on his shoulders...this team is built to set allen up through the run and a defense that doesnt break....both of those things havent really happened in our losses

How many years does dabol have as an nfl coordinator?

How many years does allen have as a nfl qb?...

Dabol has a claim of the #24 ranked offense under his belt as his personal best with two rankings near dead last....singletary was avg better than 4 yards a carry and he only gets 8 carries?...criminal...but yet your 2nd year qb throws it 41....not to mention browns great pass d and their horrible run d it should be a no brainer to run...same against philly...we pass the ball 35 times in 45mph winds and rush like 12..smh..dabol is the main issue and our weakest link on offense

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here’s the thing though: giving a defensive look and being able to execute it consistently are two different things.  The Browns have been trying to stack the box and stop the run and not succeeding.

False. NFL analytics shared that the Browns ran the most Cover Zero looks today than they have all season. Try again.

Edited by Buffbills123