Gore has Peterson talk to Singletary after the game

Dr Krentist

17 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Gore is definitely good for the team. He may have lost a step, but he's a great role model and influence for Devin.

Frank Gore is averaging over 4 yards per carry and is on track for almost 900 rushing yards this year.

Let's not pretend Frank Gore is on this team just because of his character.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Frank Gore is averaging over 4 yards per carry and is on track for almost 900 rushing yards this year.

3 cracks at the 1 and couldn't bring home the bacon. He's wearing down a bit and is not the type of back who can carry a team. HOF most certainly, but now a RB by committee guy who should move the chains and pound it in for TD's. I see him peaking out in the 800 yd neighborhood. 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott has spoken repeatedly about the need for veteran leadership in every position room to show the young guys the ropes and to provide accountability at the player's level. He believes it's one of the key ingredients for building a great football team.  From everything I've ever read about Frank Gore, he is the living embodiment of "The Process."  

It wasn't just a classy move by Gore, it was also Leadership 101, take care of your guys.  

• Like (+1) 9

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

3 cracks at the 1 and couldn't bring home the bacon. He's wearing down a bit and is not the type of back who can carry a team. HOF most certainly, but now a RB by committee guy who should move the chains and pound it in for TD's. I see him peaking out in the 800 yd neighborhood. 

Ok, our oline was dominated on those plays. Several times during the game he came in on short yardage situations and converted.

Let's not pretend he hasn't helped a ton this year, or that plenty of other great RBs, even in their prime, got stuffed at the line or been held at the goal line on a drive. 

Condensing his work down to a single goal line stance is a disservice to his actual play. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Gore is fine, the line didn't get any push.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

McDermott has spoken repeatedly about the need for veteran leadership in every position room to show the young guys the ropes and to provide accountability at the player's level. He believes it's one of the key ingredients for building a great football team.  From everything I've ever read about Frank Gore, he is the living embodiment of "The Process."  

It wasn't just a classy move by Gore, it was also Leadership 101, take care of your guys.  

I think this is exactly why we let Shady go and kept Gore.  As of right now, Shady is the better back, but Gore is the better role model.  McD and company are looking towards the future.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He will be the KEY to winning SB LIV. Back in Miami where he got his start in college, grinding out 138 yards and a TD, winning the MVP. Laugh all you want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

You're going to ignore what he's done this season based on 3 plays in which our interior line was dominated?  

800 yards out of a RB when he's now the secondary back...yeah I'll take that for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Gore is definitely good for the team. He may have lost a step, but he's a great role model and influence for Devin.

I absolutely LOVED when we got him and I'm still just as happy.

I know he's had longer tenure with other teams, but Gore really seems like a Buffalo kind of guy, with a strong work ethic & positive role model for others.  Would be nice to keep him around in some capacity if (when??) he retires...

4 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I think this is exactly why we let Shady go and kept Gore.  As of right now, Shady is the better back, but Gore is the better role model.  McD and company are looking towards the future.

Shady is not the better back when you are trying to grind yards. Shady like Barry Sanders loses too many yards dancing.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Let’s also not pretend that we didn’t watch him get stuffed every time he tried to get 1 yard last week.  Sure, the OL failed.  So did Frank.  He’s a decent RB at this stage in his career.  Let’s not pretend he’s NOT on this team mainly because of his character 

11 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

He's a 36 year old RB.

Of course he's wearing down a bit.

I blame Daboll for stupid play calling than I blame Gore on all those run stuffs.

I think it was Joe Buscaglia who said that Buffalo lined up in that exact same setup and was stuffed 5 times in that game.  You'd think Daboll would realize after the 2nd or 3rd time it wasn't working and not to do it again.

We have a great 1-2 punch with Singletary and Gore.  Let's stop looking at 1 game as a representation of Gore's season, which has been pretty amazing for a 36 year old back.

45 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Let’s also not pretend that we didn’t watch him get stuffed every time he tried to get 1 yard last week.  Sure, the OL failed.  So did Frank.  He’s a decent RB at this stage in his career.  Let’s not pretend he’s NOT on this team mainly because of his character 

See the post above.

And he's NOT on this team mainly because of his character.

Largely, yes.

Mainly, no.

Gore is on this team because we needed an RB who hits a hole and gets positive yardage consistently instead of dancing around in the backfield and losing 2 or 3 yards the way McCoy has been doing more and more the last couple years.

• Like (+1) 2