Taylor, J. Phillips & Liuget take over the D-Line

PUNT750

I don’t know about your premise around the 3 names taking over, but Jordan Phillips has earned his plays in my book. It’s not just the sacks, it’s also the penetration and disruption. He’s the only interior guy disrupting plays regularly. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, PUNT750 said:

I''m confused about your comment above?  Star will play more?  Taylor isn't going anywhere after 3 tackles in 9 total snaps.  Check out Star's tackles after 8 games!  Both Taylor & Liuget are veterans with quickness.  I see Shaq & Oliver taking a back seat on other than on obvious passing downs.

Taylor inactive.

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taylor inactive.

Yeah I’m not to happy about this.... go 5 DTs, learn to use Oliver all over the line. 4th and short bring 3 big guys up the middle.

I thought Taylor played well last week and now a new guy just comes in and you sit? Star better start playing better or the whole staff is gonna start being questioned. 

Edited by CEN-CAL17

On 11/6/2019 at 1:33 AM, PUNT750 said:

Oliver & Lawson got their snaps cut!  Get it!

I get that Taylor replaced Peko who was not performing well after Harrison Phillips got hurt,  and that Liuget was signed to the team this week.    McDermott always rotates defensive lineman.   Taylor and Liuget were upgrades over Peko and likely intended to address the running issues exposed in the Eagles game.    Oliver and Lawson are already taken out on some plays, this does not mean that Oliver or Lawson were getting benched or reduced time.  I would think that if anyone was getting a cut in playing time, that it would be Star.

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Yeah I’m not to happy about this.... go 5 DTs, learn to use Oliver all over the line. 4th and short bring 3 big guys up the middle.

I thought Taylor played well last week and now a new guy just comes in and you sit? Star better start playing better or the whole staff is gonna start being questioned. 

I am surprised by that too. I thought he would have earned more snaps after last week.