Taylor, J. Phillips & Liuget take over the D-Line

PUNT750

Run D isn’t even the only factor here. Especially this week, and vs Brady as well, they need to get pressure up the middle. Mayfield is a timing based QB. He can scramble a bit but the key is to disrupt his timing and knock him off his spot. Shoring up the interior of the DL is good for the run D because they were a bit light up front (this D is built to stop  the pass) but I’m glad they recognized they need more there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

He pled guilty to lesser charges.  The DV charge was dropped.  He hadn't been in trouble with the law before.  I think he's on a short leash.

Agreed.  Dodson was a good kid at A&M who was big brother figure to a disabled child.  Dodson was intoxicated on Day of incident and imagine he may have sought help in interim.  

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Run D isn’t even the only factor here. Especially this week, and vs Brady as well, they need to get pressure up the middle. Mayfield is a timing based QB. He can scramble a bit but the key is to disrupt his timing and knock him off his spot. Shoring up the interior of the DL is good for the run D because they were a bit light up front (this D is built to stop  the pass) but I’m glad they recognized they need more there. 

Or just good coverage he had the worst completion % in the league when NOT pressured. 

Beane & company never sleep when it comes to finding good players to improve the team & they always seem to have a good strategy when it comes to signing a player i think he will eventually go down as one of the best GM's the Bills have ever had for this team !! 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Mayfield! Turnovers. Get it!!

42 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Or just good coverage he had the worst completion % in the league when NOT pressured. 

Film study needs to be on point this week. Baker has lots of tendencies that can be exploited and I’ve heard it mentioned every week by defenders who have done it. Baker and his coaches haven’t countered what defenses are seeing on film yet. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I’d like to see Taylor and Luigit on run downs with Phillips and Oliver rushing the qb. I’ve finally bought into that star absolutely blows campaign. 

I was on the Star is overpaid but does his role bandwagon but the run defense up the middle is what it is when he is on the field. I can see cutting him next year. 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:47 PM, BillsRdue said:

We will see how it all plays out, but this seems to be the direction the D is taking. It seems mostly to be Jordan Phillips taking over for Oliver and perhaps Liegut rotates in. He's only 300 so he seems a little small to be the space eater and take on double teams. 

Thats V. Taylor and. he will spell Star and perhaps knock his snaps down. The big change is getting Oliver off the field and seeing if Star is part of the problem. Kudos to the Bills for addressing it mid-season. 

I think a lot of game film from the last 3 weeks is being digested and they are going to make an attempt to figure it out. If Chubb and Hunt run over us, it's going to be a long game for the Bills.  The LB's need to be held accountable too. It will be interesting to see if a move for Dodsen happens and if Thompson gets some snaps now that he his healthy.

Thanks to you AND the O.P.

Helps explain what is happening.

This is the real reason I stay on this board.

• Like (+1) 1