Taylor, J. Phillips & Liuget take over the D-Line

PUNT750

We will see how it all plays out, but this seems to be the direction the D is taking. It seems mostly to be Jordan Phillips taking over for Oliver and perhaps Liegut rotates in. He's only 300 so he seems a little small to be the space eater and take on double teams. 

Thats V. Taylor and. he will spell Star and perhaps knock his snaps down. The big change is getting Oliver off the field and seeing if Star is part of the problem. Kudos to the Bills for addressing it mid-season. 

I think a lot of game film from the last 3 weeks is being digested and they are going to make an attempt to figure it out. If Chubb and Hunt run over us, it's going to be a long game for the Bills.  The LB's need to be held accountable too. It will be interesting to see if a move for Dodsen happens and if Thompson gets some snaps now that he his healthy.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3

Star is anything but...

Fine, if you're primarily only there to be a space-eater and command attention from 1 or 2 blockers, but at some point you also have to make some plays. I seriously doubt he is getting double-teamed most plays. So when he is one-on-one, he's got to blow his guy up and cause some havoc. Maybe that would make teams double him more. Sunday (vs Wash) he was all turned around multiple times as the RB ran right past him. I re-watched 2 plays in particular and I'm like, "What the hell is Star doing?" He was loafing around in circles during the play - it was baffling.

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

We will see how it all plays out, but this seems to be the direction the D is taking. It seems mostly to be Jordan Phillips taking over for Oliver and perhaps Liegut rotates in. He's only 300 so he seems a little small to be the space eater and take on double teams. 

Thats V. Taylor and. he will spell Star and perhaps knock his snaps down. The big change is getting Oliver off the field and seeing if Star is part of the problem. Kudos to the Bills for addressing it mid-season. 

I think a lot of game film from the last 3 weeks is being digested and they are going to make an attempt to figure it out. If Chubb and Hunt run over us, it's going to be a long game for the Bills.  The LB's need to be held accountable too. It will be interesting to see if a move for Dodsen happens and if Thompson gets some snaps now that he his healthy.

Dodsen? Tyrel Dodson got waived yesterday

8 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

BRD, I said before in an earlier post that I would like to see J. Philips stay, possibly in the 7-8 million range.  

I now think it is going to cost more than that, but my opinion hasn't changed.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That doesn't mean they are taking over.  It means Phillips and Star played more.

Liguet signing means Taylor probably won't even be here anymore....so he will take over from the couch.

I''m confused about your comment above?  Star will play more?  Taylor isn't going anywhere after 3 tackles in 9 total snaps.  Check out Star's tackles after 8 games!  Both Taylor & Liuget are veterans with quickness.  I see Shaq & Oliver taking a back seat on other than on obvious passing downs.

21 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Oliver & Lawson got their snaps cut!  Get it!

It's one game, get it?

And so far - with the exception of Peko being let go and people replacing his snaps -  nobody's taken over much of anything yet. As usual, people who don't wait for all the facts to come in will come to a lot more erroneous conclusions than those who do. Get it?

Edited by Thurman#1

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's one game, get it?

And so far - with the exception of Peko being let go and people replacing his snaps -  nobody's taken over much of anything yet. As usual, people who don't wait for all the facts to come in will come to a lot more erroneous conclusions than those who do. Get it?

All the FACTS to come in?   Is this a Congressional investigation?  Watch the snap counts - - - these are facts!

• Haha (+1) 1