What would you do?

Just Jack

If you gave money to a couple to throw their dream wedding, then they decided to postpone said wedding, but go on a honeymoon anyways, and still ask for more money for the wedding in future?

https://www.boredpanda.com/bride-spends-wedding-guest-money-donations-honeymoon/

Edited by Just Jack

Bride sounds like a piece of work and quite entitled.  If I only gave a couple of hundred dollars, I'd tell them keep it, it is your gift...just don't expect more.  If I gave a couple of thousand, like the aunt did, I'd want a lot of it back.  Can't imagine the bride and groom are going to have a lot of friends after pulling that one.

Yeah, the guy who donated the 12K makes the right point. She's extremely entitled and disrespectful. Unfortunately, she could technically be right about the nature of the donation...I have no idea.

I would speak to the husband.

The outcome of that would determine if I completely trash their wedding.

Do you folks remember the first “Fake News” article you read? Mine was in 2014. It was a link tweeted by a respected journalist about how Michael Jordan was thinking of moving the Charlotte Hornets if the NC legislature didn’t repeal the “bathroom law”. My first thought was, “That doesn’t sound like MJ. He usually avoids politics.” But I clicked the link anyway. The url was abcnews.com.xx. I replied to the journalist saying that it looked fishy and, “Who releases news on a Sunday morning?” He thanked me and deleted it.

Never thought about again until 2016.