Joe B All-22 vs Redskins - Quinton Spain has been the best player since the Bye

YoloinOhio

And I don't get the Spain dislike here. He and Feliciano are huge improvements over G last year. Both play nasty. Neither are 'move' guards.

Morse is and has always been a pass blocking stud. He is not a mauler, never was.

Josh Allen gets into the most trouble when he has 4+ seconds before attempting a pass.

12 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

1 technique DT, OLB with some pass rush juice, DE, WR, OT, RB.

Lorax won't last forever.

One thing the Bill's will have is cap space and spots to fill...so some of those needs will hopefully be addressed in free agency.

My wishlist

DE- time to find that guy either in FA or draft

MLB- Move Edmunds to SLB. He's not instinctive or physical enough at middle but could be a good edge setter & edge rusher ala Lomax...

WR- good draft for wideouts

RB- draft a good downhill runner, could be had in the middle rounds.

DT- Big nasty that can plug & move down the LOS...maybe even 2, one FA & one draft. Make opponents try to run wide, we're pretty good covering defending wide.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember Taron killing people last year before his injury, and he seems to be tackling poorly (or at least inconsistently) this season.   

I don't know how Siran Neal lost out to Taron after the job he did stepping in those few weeks in Oct.  He's an exceptional tackler and punishes people.  

• Like (+1) 1

92 didn't play any defensive snaps.  I think he can rush the passer, but maybe doesn't have the 1/11 down yet.  Not sure why he was phased totally out, he has been the most electric to the QB from the edge.

I thought S. Lawson played fairly well.  

The OL is better than last year.  It should improve going forward.     As for draft need I am in the 1 tech camp but hopefully, near the end of the first round, we can just find a real dynamic player who will help win games (e.g. T. White). 

21 hours ago, pimp on da' net said:

One thing the Bill's will have is cap space and spots to fill...so some of those needs will hopefully be addressed in free agency.

My wishlist

DE- time to find that guy either in FA or draft

MLB- Move Edmunds to SLB. He's not instinctive or physical enough at middle but could be a good edge setter & edge rusher ala Lomax...

WR- good draft for wideouts

RB- draft a good downhill runner, could be had in the middle rounds.

DT- Big nasty that can plug & move down the LOS...maybe even 2, one FA & one draft. Make opponents try to run wide, we're pretty good covering defending wide.

The teams two biggest needs outside of resigning some of their own talent to extensions or outright are WR1 and a prime time pass rushing DE. Unless Amari Cooper hits the market I don't see a true WR1 hitting free agency. But there do appear to be some quality edge rushers that might be on the market and the Bills will have the space to responsibly add a big time pass rusher while not jeopardizing their ability to resign and extend their own talent both in 2020 and beyond. 

Luckily the 2020 NFL draft does appear to be a good one for WR's according to those who track draft classes. So I think they can find good help at WR1 via the draft. Their other needs like a run stuffing DT and a OLB can be found for a more moderate price.

22 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

And I don't get the Spain dislike here. He and Feliciano are huge improvements over G last year. Both play nasty. Neither are 'move' guards.

Morse is and has always been a pass blocking stud. He is not a mauler, never was.

Josh Allen gets into the most trouble when he has 4+ seconds before attempting a pass.

I guess I have missed the guard hate. I think both our guards are serviceable and probably a bit better maulers than pass blockers.

I felt that Feliciano struggled in our game against the Eagles, but was being asked to pass protect more that game against a great defensive front.

Where I think we have had more consistency issues is at RT. Nsekhe has been struggling through nagging injuries and Ford is better suited for guard at this stage of his development than asking him to pass protect on the edge.

We have struggled a bit all year picking up the delayed or corner blitz from Dawkins side, but that is more scheme and coaching recognition. Morse may not be a mauler, but he can pull with the best of them.

Bobby Johnson has done a pretty good job with this group and they are much better than last year. The penalties were bugging me, but they cleaned things up against the Skins.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Surprised Dawkins was graded so low, he had a nice block on Singletary td run and don’t remember too many issues from his side in the game

The short yardage Gore runs that were stuffed, we're largely caused by 73's missed blocks.  

10 minutes ago, GG said:

The short yardage Gore runs that were stuffed, we're largely caused by 73's missed blocks.  

ah I guess I didn’t catch that watching it live as it looked to me like gore was running to the right and cutting back middle that I just assumed it was either Feliciano ford/Nsekhe guys