VA Brewery Introduces "Sell the Team IPA" for 'Skins Fans

Nextmanup

This is great!

Harpers Ferry Brewing in Purcellville, VA will release its “Sell the Team” double IPA, which it describes as “Bitter and slightly disappointing like a day at Fedex Field.”

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/11/brewery-trolls-with-sell-the-team-ipa-for-disgruntled-redskins-fans.html

SelltheTeam_775x425.jpg?ndPZa0kkiO2_P8SR

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

That’s more creative than a billboard. 

To me IPAs are usually bitter and disappointing.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

IPAs are for beer snobs who don't like beer.

you guys are doing it wrong.  I used to feel the same about IPAs.  But, like with anything else, you need to do your homework and try, try, try again.  There are awesome IPAs out there.  And my day to day go to beer is Labatt Light.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

you guys are doing it wrong.  I used to feel the same about IPAs.  But, like with anything else, you need to do your homework and try, try, try again.  There are awesome IPAs out there.  And my day to day go to beer is Labatt Light.

My son in law brews beer and likes to try different beers whenever he can.  He will recommend an IPA for me if he knows it’s not too bitter.   Ithaca Flower Power is an IPA that we were drinking a few summers ago. There are also some from Ommegang that are pretty good, just to name a few. 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

^^^ This right here!!!

don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for full bodied beers but like Gug i have my day to day light but when i'm out for a decent dinner i'll take a session (or allday) IPA, rarely do i have a double IPA (generally dark in color and served 10oz or less, the above pic looks like a light 'double IPA') if i want to be awake in the next couple of hours.

i like my hops to punch me in the mouth each sip, and that's what an IPA is to me, just for sippin and going to flavortown.

I use IPA when poaching Brats/Sausage in onions, really brings out the sweet flavor.

at the end of the day you can keep your shandy's, wheat (double yuck!), honey, orange beers although i do have an unusual affection for lime in my beer but thats due to an all-inclusive 10 day dive trip @ Cozumel and all they served was Dos equis, i used gallons of lime to choke it down - that cockroach piss will never touch my lips again even if it's the last beer on earth.

13 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

They need to try something.  Perhaps this is a start.  Fans also need to stop buying tickets, season or per game; that will send the strongest message.

It won't work as Snyder is relatively young and arrogant.  He will take it as a challenge that he will not back away from.  If this were the 1950's-1980's where it was really critical to fill seats then the NFL would intervene.  As it stands now I don't see the NFL getting involved.

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It won't work as Snyder is relatively young and arrogant.  He will take it as a challenge that he will not back away from.  If this were the 1950's-1980's where it was really critical to fill seats then the NFL would intervene.  As it stands now I don't see the NFL getting involved.

I don't see it, either; at least not at this point.  Which is why the fans need to stop buying Redskins tickets, gear, and stop paying attention to them.  Snyder is arrogant, always has been; but he does know business.  When he sees a business hurting financially, he will make changes; now whether the light comes on and he realizes the change needs to begin with himself, is up for debate.

4 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have a fridge full of IPA and a beer meister full of Budweiser. All depends on the mood and the situation.

I didn't know there was a mood that made Budweiser appropriate, except perhaps feeling vengeful and offering one to someone else.

:lol:

In all seriousness, that crap is not drinkable.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, RochesterRob said:

He does not need the money and seems to thrive on the abuse, so no changes coming there.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, Nextmanup said:

I didn't know there was a mood that made Budweiser appropriate, except perhaps feeling vengeful and offering one to someone else.

:lol:

In all seriousness, that crap is not drinkable.

Now, hold up now!

I can assure you that Bud is very drinkable....too GD drinkable for me!

F budlite though, or any light beer.

Bud is still king, you better check yo-self!!! 

?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Have you finished them yet?  ?

You do get points for being orderly. 

Made a beer run during lunch break. There are a few Bells gone since I got home, but pretty much as you see it. I presume it will look a little different tomorrow morning.