Week 16 NFL Schedule - We Should Soon Know the Date and Time of Bills @ Pats

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The whole thing is such an irony... What is the national view of Bills fans?

Bills mafia... Jumping through tables...  Going nuts at tailgates... The scene looks like an out of control spring break party...

If you read these boards it sounds like we need to be safely tucked into our beds  by 8pm with some warm milk in our tummies, so we can't handle a night game 

Bills Mafia is too sleepy to stay up so late....

All 3 Chargers fans stayed up last Thursday! 

I don’t think anyone cares much about logistics or schedules on a Saturday night. The Bills have an awful track record in prime time games and any game vs NE. That’s the reason for it’s unpopularity. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think anyone cares much about logistics or schedules on a Saturday night. The Bills have an awful track record in prime time games and any game vs NE. That’s the reason for it’s unpopularity. 

I just don't understand how fans aren't EXCITED about it though!

Prime time games are just objectively better. Better announcers, better cameras, better pregame show, it's under the lights. 

Through all of the bad years, from Jauron to Gailey through Rex, I would get excited for Primetime games. 

Now, being older with a family, they're new opportunities to have friends over, everyone brings their kids, food. 

IDK man... if you can't get excited about a SATURDAY NIGHT week 16 game, under the lights, against our biggest rival, for a chance to possibly win the division or at the very least qualify for the playoffs? I honestly think at that point you should do some self reflecting and ask yourself "is this hobby a net positive, or a net negative in my life." Because at that point, what are you choosing to watch other men play a sport for? Your anxiety/negative perceptions of the event have so taken hold that it is a chore--you don't want to watch the product in it's ideal form, because the fear you have that it's going to not be fun.

So, for instance, let's say you joined a club of Roller Coaster enthusiasts. And all you did was ride roller coasters. And there were 100 other people in the club, and THEY FUKKING LOVE ROLLER COASTERS. What's the point of the Roller Coaster club, you may be asking? Well, that's the thing--the only point is to have fun while riding roller coasters. Everyone in the club knows that riding roller coasters is never going to make them money, it's just a hobby they really, really enjoy. Some of them maybe flirted with the idea of roller coaster design in college, a few even have relatives that designed some a long time ago. Some people in the club are so into it, they analyze design videos that young roller coaster engineers post on youtube, and grade the likelihood that those future roller coasters will be fun to ride, and talk about it pretentiously like "well, I currently have a low amusement park rating on the potential of that ride, a lot of the metrics look off like speed coming out of a turn." 

Now... if you were the member of that Roller Coaster Enthusiast club that didn't want to go to Six Flags and ride the funnest roller coaster in the country, that they FINALLY scored tickets to after 30 years of trying, because you were worried it wasn't going to be fun. And you tried to talk the other roller coaster riders out of wanting to go and have fun, and your argument was "it's too high, it's too fast, it's scary, we'll never be able to go on it, it's at night so there will be a bunch of pretty girls standing there watching us and they'll be playing music really loud on the midway, and, and, and, those rides are stupid anyways the roller coaster clubs probably just going to cancel before then anyways." Like, if that was you, at what point can the other members of the roller coaster enthusiast club ban you from the twocartrack.com forums and tell you to find a hobby you enjoy?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

I just don't understand how fans aren't EXCITED about it though!

Prime time games are just objectively better. Better announcers, better cameras, better pregame show, it's under the lights. 

Through all of the bad years, from Jauron to Gailey through Rex, I would get excited for Primetime games. 

Now, being older with a family, they're new opportunities to have friends over, everyone brings their kids, food. 

IDK man... if you can't get excited about a SATURDAY NIGHT week 16 game, under the lights, against our biggest rival, for a chance to possibly win the division or at the very least qualify for the playoffs? I honestly think at that point you should do some self reflecting and ask yourself "is this hobby a net positive, or a net negative in my life." Because at that point, what are you choosing to watch other men play a sport for? Your anxiety/negative perceptions of the event have so taken hold that it is a chore--you don't want to watch the product in it's ideal form, because the fear you have that it's going to not be fun.

So, for instance, let's say you joined a club of Roller Coaster enthusiasts. And all you did was ride roller coasters. And there were 100 other people in the club, and THEY FUKKING LOVE ROLLER COASTERS. What's the point of the Roller Coaster club, you may be asking? Well, that's the thing--the only point is to have fun while riding roller coasters. Everyone in the club knows that riding roller coasters is never going to make them money, it's just a hobby they really, really enjoy. Some of them maybe flirted with the idea of roller coaster design in college, a few even have relatives that designed some a long time ago. Some people in the club are so into it, they analyze design videos that young roller coaster engineers post on youtube, and grade the likelihood that those future roller coasters will be fun to ride, and talk about it pretentiously like "well, I currently have a low amusement park rating on the potential of that ride, a lot of the metrics look off like speed coming out of a turn." 

Now... if you were the member of that Roller Coaster Enthusiast club that didn't want to go to Six Flags and ride the funnest roller coaster in the country, that they FINALLY scored tickets to after 30 years of trying, because you were worried it wasn't going to be fun. And you tried to talk the other roller coaster riders out of wanting to go and have fun, and your argument was "it's too high, it's too fast, it's scary, we'll never be able to go on it, it's at night so there will be a bunch of pretty girls standing there watching us and they'll be playing music really loud on the midway, and, and, and, those rides are stupid anyways the roller coaster clubs probably just going to cancel before then anyways." Like, if that was you, at what point can the other members of the roller coaster enthusiast club ban you from the twocartrack.com forums and tell you to find a hobby you enjoy?

Exactly this and pass me the next hit ?

2 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

Some people in the club are so into it, they analyze design videos that young roller coaster engineers post on youtube, and grade the likelihood that those future roller coasters will be fun to ride, and talk about it pretentiously like "well, I currently have a low amusement park rating on the potential of that ride, a lot of the metrics look off like speed coming out of a turn." 

Gold ?