Josh Allen with Brett Fave on Sirius nfl radio

Talked about Daboll being Brett’s OC at the Jets. The Mob here will cry foul, but both QBs acknowledge how Daboll creates the offense around their specific skills and likes. Josh was a huge fan of Brett growing up -had his jersey, but hated him when he left GB. Then came to realize that’s life in the NFL. Josh handled himself very well and Brett & Bruce Murray we’re impressed. Brett also talked about his relationship with Jimbo. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Talked about Daboll being Brett’s OC at the Jets. The Mob here will cry foul, but both QBs acknowledge how Daboll creates the offense around their specific skills and likes. Josh was a huge fan of Brett growing up -had his jersey, but hated him when he left GB. Then came to realize that’s life in the NFL. Josh handled himself very well and Brett & Bruce Murray we’re impressed. Brett also talked about his relationship with Jimbo. 

Statistically speaking, Favre took dips in all areas from his last year in GB to his year in NJ.  His numbers went back up in his first year in MIN after leaving NJ.

I think they were being kind whilst discussing Daboll.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Statistically speaking, Favre took dips in all areas from his last year in GB to his year in NJ

Favre was injured during his year with the Jets and is believed to be a big reason for the drop-off mid-season.  I believe the team was even fined for not disclosing.

• Like (+1) 9

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Statistically speaking, Favre took dips in all areas from his last year in GB to his year in NJ.  His numbers went back up in his first year in MIN after leaving NJ.

I didn't realize Daboll was the OC for Favre with NYJ. People were saying that Favre was toast and should have just retired. Then had a career year with the Vikes. I was pulling for him to win it all until Bounty-gate...F#$K Greggo. 

It was almost a decade ago. I forget what happened in 2010. Did Favre fall off a cliff. 

I'll post five of Favre's final six years, as his last year in Minny was pretty bad and obviously his tank was empty. However, while his NY Jets days weren't great, you can see two of his final three years in Green Bay weren't fantastic either. The yards were good, the completion % was decent in two of those years, but the TD / INT ratio was....woof. That said, I just wanted to provide some statistical context to the discussion about his Jets year. 

Here are Favre's final 5 of 6 years:

2009 Minnesota Vikings 16 531 363 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 6.2 7 1.3 63 52 13 34 247 107.2

2008 New York Jets 16 522 343 65.7 32.6 3,472 6.7 217.0 22 4.2 22 4.2 56T 40 7 30 213 81.0

2007 Green Bay Packers 16 535 356 66.5 33.4 4,155 7.8 259.7 28 5.2 15 2.8 82T 49 16 15 93 95.7

2006 Green Bay Packers 16 613 343 56.0 38.3 3,885 6.3 242.8 18 2.9 18 2.9 82T 49 8 21 134 72.7

2005 Green Bay Packers 16 607 372 61.3 37.9 3,881 6.4 242.6 20 3.3 29 4.8 59 40 7 24 170 70.9
Edited by BigBuff423
credit NFL.com for the stats
  • Thank you (+1) 1

“(Daboll) doesn’t want to take away the aggressive nature of my game but ultimately he wants me to be smart and not take these hits,” Allen said. "Because he’s got my best interests at heart, he really does. He wants me to play for as long as I can play. Everybody knows the best ability in this league is availability. So we’re learning. I’m learning to slide and limit these hits. I think the last few weeks I’ve been doing a better job of that.”

Edited by One Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Allen dissed Daboll in a public interview his next game plan would feature 20 designed QB runs off tackle.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Haven’t listened yet but Favre is a fantastic listen. I could listen to that guy talk football and tell stories from his playing days all day.

Well now we know who his text message was suppose to go to. :P

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Practically speaking, that dip in numbers may have had a lot to do with moving from a well-honed offensive machine in GB throwing to Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, to a Jets team that had been 25th ranked the previous year and moved up to 9th that year, throwing to Jericho Cotchery and a 31-yr old Coles.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think you are reaching to be critical of Daboll in this instance as he was the QB coach, and not the OC.  Brian Schottenheimer was the OC of the Jets when Favre QB'd.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I didn't realize Daboll was the OC for Favre with NYJ.

He was not.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I thought Daboll was the QB coach in New York that year.

He was.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You must have misheard slightly, or Favre should cherish his remaining brain cells. 

Daboll was NOT Brett's OC with the Jets.  Daboll was the Jets QB coach in 2007 and 2008

• Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you are reaching to be critical of Daboll in this instance as he was the QB coach, and not the OC.  Brian Schottenheimer was the OC of the Jets when Favre QB'd.

Fair.  Shoulda done me homework.

5 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Good listen with Josh and Brett. I’ve been working so no real chance to give a summary but you can go back and hear the replay if your a subscriber.

53 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Thanks for the links!

LOL!  Allen: "I'm a huge fan and that's where the Sir comes from"

Host: "Brett, you know, Josh was born AFTER you had been an all-pro already in the league...how does that make you feel?"

Favre: "Uhhhhh........(pause)  Well, maybe he should call me 'Sir' "

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think it may have been ambiguous.  From the Matt Parrino article about the interview linked below:

Favre is familiar with Daboll because he was his quarterbacks coach for a season with the New York Jets in 2007-08. Favre was with the Jets for just a season and said Daboll and Allen are the perfect fit.

“We have something in common,” Favre told Allen. “Your coach Brian Daboll was my coach when I was with the Jets. I think the world of him. I wish I would have had more time with him. I think he is perfect for you and he’s gonna put you in positions to succeed.”

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone know how often legends sit with young guys like this for interviews?

I think it's pretty flattering .. and telling .. that Brett Favre agreed to do this with Josh Allen.  It's not like Montana sat down with Nate Peterman when he was our starter (sorry for reopening wounds).

Just wondering if this is commonplace, or if it's a sign that someone like Favre believes in someone like Josh Allen.

I love listening to Brett’s stories. He has a way of telling them. I also find it really interesting when old hall of famers take time to chat with young guns. Something about how they interact. However, I listened to this interview, and was pretty underwhelmed by the segment. Brett didn’t seem on his game with respect to questioning. Seemed a little clunky and unprepared. Bruce Murray salvaged the segment. Look...I know I’m being a little nit picky, but this segment had so much promise. ?‍♂️