Is Brady playing for the Bills record?

Virgil

5 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

So? Are you saying a team like the Canadiens gives a ***** about the Blues streak? 

the late 60s/early 70s Habs are criminally ignored by Habs legend and lore, the 50s and 70s get all the glorieux

the Finals were a total joke but they almost killed themselves in epic series against the equally great Bruins

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I will tell you one thing, my son is a sophomore in High School, the kids still wear Jordan shirts/sneakers/shorts etc...…  That absolutely amazes me that kids today want to wear his stuff when they never even seen him play.  Brady can win as many super bowls as he possibly can, but there will never be another individual that has as strong of a brand as MJ.  

always exceptions, the NBA has so far bypassed the game of even 10 years ago in shooting and offence.

i watched 90% of Jordan's games those years and will never forget it, but i can't compare his game at the time to today's.... 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

they went for it, they are entitled to if they wish, that was the last time a team will ever go for it

the Niners could have done it 3 times if they wanted to, it's not worth the risk and wasted effort

the Colts pulled Peyton and put Painter in to throw away a game to the Jets to kill the undefeated season, the Jets used this to get to the AFC Final....

NFL teams want the HFA and nothing more, they don't want to waste a drop of blood or sweat if it doesn't help HFA

i know you don't work this way on Playstation or Nintendo or whatever you play out a season...  :D

Other teams, sure. The Patriots aren't other teams though. 

They have continued to drive up scores on teams and try to go win every game regardless of the standings is my point. 

And the last sports game I played where being undefeated was required was super punch out.  Had to unlock that special circuit. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Does anyone else think that the record books are the key driving force for Brady?   Here’s where it comes from?

The year they went undefeated, they were clearly trying to beat records.  The last game of the season, they had the game in hand but still needed yards and a TD for Moss and Brady to break single season records.  They stayed in the game and were tossing bombs.   I think the game was against the Giants, which made the Super Bowl defeat that much better.

There’s a few other examples, that elude my memory, where they played for stats.  

Then, you hear the rumors of Brady setting himself up for post Pats life as soon as next year.  So, after he goes to 4 consecutive Superbowls, maybe 5 is the goal, he will leave the “no fun” team and play out his days in a place he wants to live, like Lebron.   

Ego has always played a part for Brady and the Hoodie in my opinion.   I think the Hoodie has plans for his son and is all about legacy.  

Stupid?  On to something?  I don’t know.  

Just thoughts. 

I remember the 2007 Week 17 match up vividly. It was my 21st birthday and I watched the game with friends, family, Thurman, and his wife. (I made a few off-color remarks about Tom Brady pretty loudly, that got a few chuckles, and eventually he pulled his table next to ours!) at Colter Bay. Anywho....the score was 35-38. It was super close. Not in hand. 

I agree that Tom is interested in records and his personal legacy.  I don't think that going to four straight Super Bowls, or even five would be the trigger that causes him to retire.  Even if I thought that, I wouldn't want to see him get it just to be rid of him.  Record or no record, his body is going to break down and give out at some point.  Father Time is undefeated.  I'd rather see him retire because he physically can't handle it any more than because he has records that nobody will ever touch.

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

You really think anyone outside of Buffalo gives a flying ***** about 4 failed SB attempts ( other than for jokes)?  If Brady is playing for a record, its not for that trivial bull####.

yes, it's a huge matter of pride for many fans

welcome to the board

The way Warren Buffet still has a drive to make money, is the same thing as Brady playing. No need for it, but they do not know how to turn the switch off. You dont get to that level without being kinda insane like that. If they knew how to turn that drive off, they wouldn't be who they are.

Brady will probably find a new thing that drives him like football does, or he'll miserable. Built in nature. I hate the dude but hes a mental Terminator robot, I respect it and wish I had "that" (but also eff him ??)

19 hours ago, nucci said:

Don't worry. No team will ever lose 4 Superbowls in a row again

Ha, that's pretty good....

20 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Of course he is. Wouldn’t you? What more does he have to motivate him. I’ve been on this train since the AFC Championship last year. 

That’s why, imo, the stars are aligned for us to play them in the Playoffs. No one can stop them and it’s OUR Record.

Its either us or they set a new record.

Technically they'd tie the record, right - going to 4 straight?   

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is he?

5dc1d7f28cc35-media_3de8c2df8cea409cb8e6

he didn't look to happy on the sideline in the 4th QRT 

He wasn't even FIRED up.   

they've learned not to push too hard on games that are already lost

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, chaccof said:

It would be just like Brady to screw the Bills out of a record that we all assumed would never be broken.  

no. realistically it is the bills that screwed the bills for not having a competitive team to go up against he and the evil empire for the last 15 years that may of prevented them from owing the division and making 3 straight with a shot at 4. this present bills team had a chance at home and lost and have one more chance dec 22. it looks like it will be baltimore that may hinder he and the pats* from getting to 4 straight?

I do believe that the present bills team has been the closest to competing with them but when it comes to playing with the big dogs, they're still on the porch.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

TB-12 and motivational speaking   

he doesn't have that motor in him, talking and interacting with people handing over $$$ they can't afford to pay out

and he doesn't need to do it

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Virgil said:

Does anyone else think that the record books are the key driving force for Brady?   Here’s where it comes from?

The year they went undefeated, they were clearly trying to beat records.  The last game of the season, they had the game in hand but still needed yards and a TD for Moss and Brady to break single season records.  They stayed in the game and were tossing bombs.   I think the game was against the Giants, which made the Super Bowl defeat that much better.

There’s a few other examples, that elude my memory, where they played for stats.  

Then, you hear the rumors of Brady setting himself up for post Pats life as soon as next year.  So, after he goes to 4 consecutive Superbowls, maybe 5 is the goal, he will leave the “no fun” team and play out his days in a place he wants to live, like Lebron.   

Ego has always played a part for Brady and the Hoodie in my opinion.   I think the Hoodie has plans for his son and is all about legacy.  

Just thoughts. 

He wants every single record in the books, why wouldn't he want to be regarded as the best to ever play? 

On 11/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, Virgil said:

Just thoughts. 

I also have said on many occasions that Tommy also wants Most Career Passing TDs and Most Career Passing Yards.

The only one standing in his way is Drew Brees.

It makes me think if Brees keeps playing Tommy keeps playing.