Devin Singletary nominated for Rookie of the Week

YoloinOhio

Joe Morris 2.0.

Let's just hope he has a longer career than Joe, but he is already off to a better start than what Joe did.

Morris was one of the top players in the NFL in 85, 86. 

We shall see.

Edited by njbuff

Ahh yes....the Gardner Minshew award (he has won 6 times out of 8 so far!) 

I voted but I think DK or Jacobs will win this one. Singletary should get it based off how he reached his numbers (looks like a future perennial all-pro) but the world doesnt know that. He needed more TD to win it IMO. This is all assuming the mafia doesnt go nuts on this poll and win it for Motor. Im talking pure average fan voting.

Get him the ball.  He adds another dimension to the offense.  Has a rare nack for a guy his size to always get an extra yard after contract or looks bottled up.  Buffalo seems predictable when Gore is in the game.  Inside zone, Trap or power inside the tackles.  Gore brings no threat as a pass catcher and imo no burst remaining.  At this point Iblike the offense with Yeldon vs Gore.

Must say that I am pleasantly surprised with what I saw from DS last Sunday. I'll admit to having been sceptical of the pick based on measurables, the conference he played in and a lack of familiarity with his work in college but of course what we are seeing and what we already knew is that running the football well involves a lot more than measurables. Although he wasn't asked to do it in college it also looks like he can get into space receiving out of the backfield. That's a major upgrade from what the casual observer might have expected. He also looks capable in pass pro, which will help qualify him as a three down and therefore a feature back. 

There is reason to hope that he develops into a top shelf RB capable of serving as a workhorse and singlehandidly delivering the ground game all successful offences must have. 20-25 touches per seems about right to me. He may wind up Josh Allen's BFF. 

And Gardner Minschew is a hoot. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If one votes in the Pepsi Rookie of the Week, but not in one’s local election, what does that say about that person?

asking for a friend 

In some areas of country elections are determined in primaries not election which is just a formality.   In some cases there are only one candidate running for many posts.

• Like (+1) 1