Bills Record under McD when opponent scores 20 points

Throwing up a stat like this is so absurdly worthless.  This post screams "I looked for a statistic to support my opinion"

Season 1 stats are of an entirely different roster

Season 2 stats are from a TOTAL rebuild

Season 3 stats... maybe the only true data you can justify using.

But how does this compare to other teams/coaches?  Maybe he's right in the middle of the pack.. but we'd never know!

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3-17 is pathetic.....  This is a different thread.....

And yes 300 yards passing usually results in more points and enables you to stay in games where the other team puts up 20+.

How'd that work out for Gardner this weekend?  The correlation isn't as strong as you think. It is ok to pass less, even in today's NFL.  Do they need to score more? Yup. But the offense is returning two starters from last year, and one of them is a second year project QB. Takes time, man. It just is what it is. 

Stats like this don't seem to be worth much when we're talking about a rebuild. His overall record is 21-19, above .500 as Bills coach in the middle of a complete tear down and rebuild. 1 Inherited starter on the team now and he's won more than he's lost. The offense is the last piece of the rebuild. If this is still an issue at the end of this year, or halfway through next year, then we can be concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, teef said:

did we do something to make you angry?  what grown man would post the same thing over and over and over and over?  how can we as fans make you feel better?  how can we heal together?

You know for a fact that he's that guy at work that people pretend they don't see him so they don't have to talk to him.....because they're hearing about 300 yards all the time too.  They just nod but then just think about what they're going to cook for dinner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Steelers protected Big Ben in his first two seasons -- how-- with Defense and a running game.  He had less than 3000 yards passing each year (the second year he missed 4 games).  That contributed significantly to his progress.  McDermott is not going to rely solely on Josh to win games until he feels Josh is ready.  If you think Offensive game plans will look the same next year, you aren't watching. 

Last year- get the kid a feel and use his feet

This year- Develop his skills at reading d's; working progressions, becoming a complete QB; stop hero ball; protect the ball

Next Year- will be based on year 2 -- may still have to do some remedial work

The goal is to be a complete team and dominate...but now we rely on D and controlled offense.  Its really not that hard to see if you think about it.  I think the coaching has been pretty damn good and I am not going to complain about 6-2...I still think missing the playoffs is possible but I think the character of the team will get them through.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

3-17 is pathetic.....  This is a different thread.....

And yes 300 yards passing usually results in more points and enables you to stay in games where the other team puts up 20+.

This is such a stupid post.

Matt Ryan has thrown for 300+ yards in 7 games this year and won 1. 

Josh Allen has thrown for 300+ yards in 0 games this year and won 6.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

This is such a stupid post.

Matt Ryan has thrown for 300+ yards in 7 games this year and won 1. 

Josh Allen has thrown for 300+ yards in 0 games this year and won 6.

Wins don't matter.  Being entertained  does, according to the OP.

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I will continue to bang the drum that the coaching of the offense & Allen and refusal to open up the offense, throw for 300 and see what they really have in Josh Allen.

I am 100% behind him and want him to the Bills QB the next dozen years.

Scoring 20 is not a high benchmark in this league and almost every team would tell you that is the minimum they expect week after week.

Here is the Bills record when the opposition scores 20 points vs. the Bills 3-17.

The Bills have beaten

TB in 2017 30-27

Jacksonville 2018 24-21

Miami 2019 31-21

Discuss????

So that would mean the bills are 17-3 when the opp teams scores less than 20 pts right

Winning will develop Allen more than throwing 50 times and losing games.  Get to meaningful games.  When Allen has to step up let's see if he does.  Get to the playoffs, see if your players rise to the occasion or shrink under it.