The New York Times Playoff Machine is active

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

A very predictable failure at that. I think we lose to Dallas, Balt, Pitt & NE, needing to beat the Jets to win and get in coming off 4 straight losses & then payback for 2015 happens. 

I could definitely see that happening, although I think we win at least one of the Baltimore/Pitt/Dallas games.  

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

That is the team's job. As a fan i can look ahead and do all the permutations I want. That's the fun of random. I also don't have to hit the weights and do film study. 

/me puts down the Shake-Weight and turns off the All-22.

Oh. I guess I can stop then.

I don't get the only 4% chance of winning the division. We are a game behind the pats at this point. We were very close to beating them first meeting and the Pats just got spanked by the Ravens. They have played easy slate just like us, so really don't think they are the juggernaut everyone thought they were before the Ravens meeting let alone after. Screw the wildcard talk, lets keep winning these afc matchups then take it to NE for the division lead! ?

21 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I don't get the only 4% chance of winning the division. We are a game behind the pats at this point. We were very close to beating them first meeting and the Pats just got spanked by the Ravens. They have played easy slate just like us, so really don't think they are the juggernaut everyone thought they were before the Ravens meeting let alone after. Screw the wildcard talk, lets keep winning these afc matchups then take it to NE for the division lead! ?

The 4% is weighted based on win probability for the remaining games. Yes, we're only one game behind New England right now, but the Sagarin team ratings that the projection is based off of has New England as the 2nd best team in the NFL and Buffalo as the 22nd best team. Long story short, they don't think Buffalo has pretty much any chance of closing the gap.

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The 4% is weighted based on win probability for the remaining games. Yes, we're only one game behind New England right now, but the Sagarin team ratings that the projection is based off of has New England as the 2nd best team in the NFL and Buffalo as the 22nd best team. Long story short, they don't think Buffalo has pretty much any chance of closing the gap.

ahh.. that make since. Their ratings are way off though unless they Ravens are #1. They handled the Pats with ease and it didn't look like a fluke. The Bills also played them even where the game could have been a coin toss for winner. But history sure has shown that the Pats rule the east, so until we prove otherwise hard to argue.