The New York Times Playoff Machine is active

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

The Steelers game is the biggest one remaining based on current formula 

That makes perfect sense. A split in the next two seems likely. I personally hate this Cleveland game. Wins at home vs. Denver and the Jets appear very likely. It's quite possible the Bills lose to the Cowboys, Ravens, and at NE. That scenario would make at Pitt the difference between 9 and 10 wins.

It would be great if they surprise and win some games they "shouldn't" win, but that's easier said than done.

I would say this Cleveland game and AT Pitt are 1A and 1B in terms of critical matchups. IF, IF, IF they beat Cleveland, alot of things change in our favor.

• Like (+1) 1

This Sunday is huge. I don't see this team going into Pittsburgh and getting much done offensively against that defense. Beating the Dolphins, Broncos and Jets gets them to 9 (assuming they do win those 3). Out of the remaining games, @Cleveland is the "easiest".

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Playing Steelers JV for the playoffs. DE JA VU......

Nothing JV about the Steelers team the Bills will be facing in DEC. Backup QB in due to injury, that’s about it. They’ll probably be fighting for their playoff lives to boot. That ‘04 game was full of backups all over the place , and Cowher did everything he could short of forfeit to hand his buddy Mularkey a playoff berth. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

This Sunday is huge. I don't see this team going into Pittsburgh and getting much done offensively against that defense. Beating the Dolphins, Broncos and Jets gets them to 9 (assuming they do win those 3). Out of the remaining games, @Cleveland is the "easiest".

You don't see Bills going into Pittsburgh and getting much done offensively against "that defense" (ranked 11th in yds, 13th in pts) but you don't mention the possibility of their 28th ranked offense having trouble against our 3rd ranked defense? 

Winning in Pitt won't be easy, but they got back to 4-4 with a hard fought win against Dolphins (yes, i know) and beating Colts w/o Brissett when the only player older than I am missed a field goal at end of game. This is not the Steelers of a few years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

You don't see Bills going into Pittsburgh and getting much done offensively against "that defense" (ranked 11th in yds, 13th in pts) but you don't mention the possibility of their 28th ranked offense having trouble against our 3rd ranked defense? 

Winning in Pitt won't be easy, but they got back to 4-4 with a hard fought win against Dolphins (yes, i know) and beating Colts w/o Brissett when the only player older than I am missed a field goal at end of game. This is not the Steelers of a few years ago.

Tomlin said he never expected to be here. He knows they're not very good and have been getting lucky.

31 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Only one game to worry about fellas, the next one!

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

One. Week. At. A. ***** GODDAMN TIME 

That is the team's job. As a fan i can look ahead and do all the permutations I want. That's the fun of random. I also don't have to hit the weights and do film study.