McKenzie needs to be active at least this year

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think you can overlook Foster's play on ST.  I know Duke plays teams, but last week Foster was wicked.

This is the same reason Perry has been active over Yeldon. Perry's special teams play has been noticeably good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Ford is healthy, I sit Lee Smith and Sweeney. Then you bring up 6 WR's Brown, McKenzie, Beasley, Williams, Foster and Roberts.  With a healthy Ford they can line him up as an extra blocker if needed.  I like Foster stretching the field and allowing Brown or the tight ends to work deep crosses.  And as above, McKenzie offers enough misdirection to be effective - I just hate running the same direction as the fake sweep goes.  The next variation of this play will be McKenzie in motion and a fake handoff followed by McKenzie on a wheel route up the sideline with a TE in the flat.  If this is run against zone coverage it will be unstoppable. 

Lee Smith has proven to be a better pass option than Foster this year. Sad but true.

From the day McKenzie got here he’s made a big difference. I was very concerned and surprised the week he was inactive. And no surprise the offense was incredibly flat without him. I don’t see why these WRs are such a big deal. 15,10,19,18 are mandatory imo. I don’t care as much about the 5th guy but McKenzie is very important to this offense. He should never be in consideration for coming out. We are to worried about dressing all these special teams back ups. And our STs sucks. We need As many play makers on the field as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I was hopeful that Robert Foster would show something on Sunday because I like wide receivers to be both big and fast but the fact of the matter is you cannot take a player like McKenzie insert him just because he is small when he does so many different things for your team just keep Duke up for red zone play McKenzie and if we need speed and size play Roberts I think Robert Foster he’s going to be done as a bill

IMHO 

Foster got love because people hated Zay Jones so much.  So, in return they turned that hate to false love for Roberts who caught 27 whole catches, 61% catch rate, in 13 games / 3 starts. 

For his "deep ball" routes he only had 3 TD's .  Dropsie Zay had 7 

Keep McKitrich 

@Mike in Horseheads approves of this message 

And while they are at it  dump Yeldon!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Like most of you, I am completely frustrated by the play of all of our wide receivers not named John Brown.  When I watch recordings of our games and can rewind and replay certain plays, two things stand out to me.  It appears that there is very little variation in the combination of routes run by our receivers which allows DB's to sit on these routes.  It also explains why almost all of our big passing plays occur when the original timing of the play breaks down and the receivers deviate from the original routes.  The second obvious problem has to do with the receivers inability to recognize a blitz and adjust to a "hot read" pattern.  On most offenses, this responsibility falls to the slot receiver or the tight end.  Sometimes it is the wide out on the side from which the blitz is coming.  Brady, Edelman, and Gronk made a career making these adjustments.  When you watch the Bills, you will hardly ever see a receiver make the adjustment.  This results in a sack, a throw away, or Allen running with the ball.  I don't know if Daboll is being forced to run a high school offense because that's all the players can handle or if that is the limit of his coaching capability.  The problem is deeper than whether the game day actives should be Foster or McKenzie.  Until the Bills address these two obvious problems, we can expect more of the same and we can read more whining about the symptoms rather than the causes.