McKenzie needs to be active at least this year

I was hopeful that Robert Foster would show something on Sunday because I like wide receivers to be both big and fast but the fact of the matter is you cannot take a player like McKenzie insert him just because he is small when he does so many different things for your team just keep Duke up for red zone play McKenzie and if we need speed and size play Roberts I think Robert Foster he’s going to be done as a bill

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was hopeful that Robert Foster would show something on Sunday because I like wide receivers to be both big and fast but the fact of the matter is you cannot take a player like McKenzie insert him just because he is small when he does so many different things for your team just keep Duke up for red zone play McKenzie and if we need speed and size play Roberts I think Robert Foster he’s going to be done as a bill

Im thinking Foster is sealing his fate. 

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don't think you can overlook Foster's play on ST.  I know Duke plays teams, but last week Foster was wicked.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

They need to stay with Duke

This^ McKenzie serves no purpose outside of the run game. Duke has the ability to be a legitimate receiver. McKenzie is nothing more than a gadget player who is used by Daboll in the same manner every game. It’s not like the defense doesn’t know what to expect when McKenzie is on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

This^ McKenzie serves no purpose outside of the run game. Duke has the ability to be a legitimate receiver. McKenzie is nothing more than a gadget player who is used by Daboll in the same manner every game. It’s not like the defense doesn’t know what to expect when McKenzie is on the field. 

Except that McKenzie in motion was really messing with the Redskins which kind of negates your entire point. I think they did it every single play on that first TD drive. Yes, granted anybody could probably do it but perhaps he sells it better since he's liable to go 20 yards on a shovel pass. I think this thread is largely about McKenzie vs. Foster anyway, and I don't see how anybody can defend Foster at this point. Zay's gone, so if you move on from Foster as well then there should be room for both Duke and McKenzie.

Unless of course you think that we should still just wait until next week again for Robert Foster to get his first reception of the year...

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Duke was inactive and they went with Foster and McKenzie....foster has done nothing to show me he should be in front of Williams or McKenzie.....

I love McKenzie's energy and the added value with his speed on the change of direction plays ....just don't run the same play ten plays apart  :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Amazing decline by Foster.  He looked promising.  Seemed to wilt under the competition this year. 

Seems to me the coaches wanted him to evolve as a route runner and hasn't. But I think the coaches need to give a little here because the talent is there. He would be the 3rd or 4th option regardless. I still think he's one of our 3 best WR's. He just doesn't have a well defined route tree at the moment. Bills have gone from a stretch the field offense to a short and intermediate offense. That's why Foster hasn't fit in. I would still get him out there with Brown and Beasley because he'll open those guys up IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

McK ‘s absence in the Philly game was noticeable. He adds a fun dimension to our offense and needs to dress for every game. Foster has been crappy this year. That bomb in the skins game was a TD that he stopped running toward the ball on. I don’t know if that kid just lost his confidence but he looks very out of sync this year. 

If Ford is healthy, I sit Lee Smith and Sweeney. Then you bring up 6 WR's Brown, McKenzie, Beasley, Williams, Foster and Roberts.  With a healthy Ford they can line him up as an extra blocker if needed.  I like Foster stretching the field and allowing Brown or the tight ends to work deep crosses.  And as above, McKenzie offers enough misdirection to be effective - I just hate running the same direction as the fake sweep goes.  The next variation of this play will be McKenzie in motion and a fake handoff followed by McKenzie on a wheel route up the sideline with a TE in the flat.  If this is run against zone coverage it will be unstoppable. 

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Except that McKenzie in motion was really messing with the Redskins which kind of negates your entire point. I think they did it every single play on that first TD drive. Yes, granted anybody could probably do it but perhaps he sells it better since he's liable to go 20 yards on a shovel pass. I think this thread is largely about McKenzie vs. Foster anyway, and I don't see how anybody can defend Foster at this point. Zay's gone, so if you move on from Foster as well then there should be room for both Duke and McKenzie.

Unless of course you think that we should still just wait until next week again for Robert Foster to get his first reception of the year...

If anything, McKenzie should be utilized MORE. Call him a gadget player, whatever. The guy is the most "electric" offensive player on the roster. I'd go to him more in the pass game as well. He's a very valuable player when used properly.

• Like (+1) 3

I’d love to get the inside word on his practice habits.  He’s probably that guy just doesn’t get it.  Being such a highly touted WR out of HS seemed to have a negative effect on his work ethic and practice habits.  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Ford is healthy, I sit Lee Smith and Sweeney. Then you bring up 6 WR's Brown, McKenzie, Beasley, Williams, Foster and Roberts.  With a healthy Ford they can line him up as an extra blocker if needed.  I like Foster stretching the field and allowing Brown or the tight ends to work deep crosses.  And as above, McKenzie offers enough misdirection to be effective - I just hate running the same direction as the fake sweep goes.  The next variation of this play will be McKenzie in motion and a fake handoff followed by McKenzie on a wheel route up the sideline with a TE in the flat.  If this is run against zone coverage it will be unstoppable. 

Except Foster doesn’t stretch the field.  He is pretty useless at the moment.  I’d bet that he’s a future ex Bill before he’s a real part of our gameplan 

McKenzie needs to be playing every game, he keeps the Defense honest in the run game; Duke should also be playing every game, he has caught everything thrown at him and he is a tremendous blocker; Foster, his only contribution has been on special teams (which is extremely important).

So, I vote keeping all three active and finding someone else to sit.

Edited by CSBill