Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don’t be so sure. The vast majority of NFL fans outside of WNY thinks Allen isn’t capable of being a starting NFL QB.

The “vast majority?” 

Are you able to share the national polling numbers you’ve amassed in your exhaustive research? Please remember to include the margin for error. Thanks.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Are you serious?

Yes, it was a serious question. Are you referring to any polls you saw? Seemed like you just kinda threw that out there. You don't have to answer or back up the claim. Wasn't meant as an argument, I just don't think NFL fans outside of WNY are really watching Allen play enough to say that. And if they are, I really am curious how you know this. Polls, interviews, etc. 

Since we're playing the "use manipulated stats to prop our strawman" game, here's a bunch in Allen's favor that give some context to his performance this year compared to Jackson's.

Drops: Allen 8th, Jackson 31st

Drop %: Allen 5th, Jackson 29th

Bad Throw %: Allen 13th, Jackson 9th

Hurried: Allen 14th, Jackson 27th

Hits: Allen 8th, Jackson 41st

Not to mention Josh's 4th quarter rating (best) and the fact that since the beating at New England his passer rating (98.4) is 12th in the league while Lamar's rating over the same period is 77.5 (27th).

But I digress, everyone stick to their narratives lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Since we're playing the "use manipulated stats to prop our strawman" game, here's a bunch in Allen's favor that give some context to his performance this year compared to Jackson's.

Not to mention Josh's 4th quarter rating (best) and the fact that since the beating at New England his passer rating (98.4) is 12th in the league while Lamar's rating over the same period is 77.5 (27th).

The “vast majority” of fans don’t agree with this particular manipulation of stats. This is known. 

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

Baltimore's got a pretty decent program and position-by-position has better talent than the Bills.  That all adds up when comparing Allen to Jackson.  Hard to make these comparisons.

16 minutes ago, Luka said:

Those are a much more accurate indicator of how good a quarterback is playing than adjusted net yards per pass attempt, passer rating, etc.

/sarcasm

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The “vast majority?” 

Are you able to share the national polling numbers you’ve amassed in your exhaustive research? Please remember to include the margin for error. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Yes, it was a serious question. Are you referring to any polls you saw? Seemed like you just kinda threw that out there. You don't have to answer or back up the claim. Wasn't meant as an argument, I just don't think NFL fans outside of WNY are really watching Allen play enough to say that. And if they are, I really am curious how you know this. Polls, interviews, etc. 

I’m sorry I thought I was posting on a sports message board, not testifying under oath to Congress. My mistake.

15 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’d feel far more confident about our ability to improve if I had any belief in Daboll. Sadly, the more I see of him the less I believe, and I’m not convinced this offense can improve much with him calling it. 

15 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly, I don’t claim to completely understand the intricacies of an NFL offense, but I’m simply left in shock too often over random play calling that defies all logic. As Bills fans, we’ve all seen plenty of bad football with teams that lack talent. I’ve seen teams that can’t score points, but I didn’t spend half the game wondering why such a play ever happened in the first place. It’s becoming difficult to grade what we have on offense because of it, and Allen’s growth is also tough to gage. 

I get your frustration and I have said WTF on plays calls a number of times this season.  I'm sure whoever was calling plays for the Bills

I would probably do the same.  Human nature I guess.

I would like to look at this another way.  Let's take out the play by play, series by series, game by game schemes from the O and look

at this year in total.  Josh Allen is RAW, real RAW and just maybe there was a plan put in place to expose him to all the things he has

not done OR needs to change this season.  It's not that crazy of an idea.

One of Allen's biggest flaws was short to intermediate passes.  The first few games of the season that seemed to be the plan.

He did much better with slants to Beasley and middle of the field passes.

Another flaw Allen has is the "hero ball" tendencies.  The last few games seems to have Josh protect the ball much better and be

a better "Game Manager" for the sake of a better term.  It seems to have worked with 6 TDs and 1 INT in the last 4 games.

His running style and when to run vs. looking for a throw down field was something that needed work too.  It seems to me that is also

being addressed.

What I'm trying to present is maybe, just maybe, there is a bigger plan in the development of JA than we are privy to.  Allen has never been

exposed to this type of quarterbacking and it takes repetition to try to develop these talents.  I'm sure there is also things he needs to get

better at that are trying to be schemed in games to improve those too.

If any of what I'm saying is true then I would think toward the end of this year that we will see a game plan to try to put this all together

along with how to attack a specific defense.  Josh would then be "let go" if you will to be who he can be with a better toolbox of skills

he never had before.  I hope the long ball comes back soon!

Then again I could be full of bull squirt and Daboll is a horrible OC and Josh Allen will never be more than he is right now.

FWIW

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Those are a much more accurate indicator of how good a quarterback is playing than adjusted net yards per pass attempt, passer rating, etc.

/sarcasm

I’m sorry I thought I was posting on a sports message board, not testifying under oath to Congress. My mistake.

You are. And thanks, you did answer my question.

Sportsline agrees with the premise Bills are overrated.  So check these out

https://www.sportsline.com/insiders/sportsline-nfl-futures-simulations-have-little-love-for-the-6-2-buffalo-bills/

excerpt from above link

Buffalo might be a bit of a fraud as its wins are over the New York Jets, New York Giants, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Miami and Washington – the Titans are OK but those other teams are truly horrible. The Bills have played two good teams in the Patriots and Eagles and lost both. Buffalo is in Cleveland this Sunday and is a 2.5-point underdog on the NFL odds to a 2-6 team on a four-game losing streak. The Browns are down to a 6.3 percent chance of making the playoffs and it's only that high because the team has a very easy schedule left.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gongCYLPJVjeGTj33E8Jiedw5ER7tj6sUn32Dg9rCvw/edit#gid=1615202201

They have Bills at 20th ranked team in power rankings and only 71% chance of making playoffs in their simulation summary for entire season.  They also have Bills coming in at 9.9 wins - same as Texans.

Edited by freddyjj

53 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

/sarcasm

Well, it's a team sport. Jackson has a better supporting cast it seems. Stats are still comparable for both guys. We lost to two good teams and the Ravens lost to the Steelers and Browns. We've only lost to the Pats in our division. The only reason you think what you posted is an indicator of anything is because you're arrogant. Bottom line. That's why not many people here take you seriously. You don't even try to be objective. You felt the Bills shouldn't have drafted Allen and you'll be the first one here to tell everyone how much he sucks, even when we win the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Baltimore's got a pretty decent program and position-by-position has better talent than the Bills.  That all adds up when comparing Allen to Jackson.  Hard to make these comparisons.

Agreed. Better coaching too, which has a lot to do with how well Jackson is doing. It’s questionable if he’d be very successful in a more traditional offense/ style of QBing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Well, it's a team sport. Jackson has a better supporting cast it seems. Stats are still comparable for both guys. We lost to two good teams and the Ravens lost to the Steelers and Browns. We've only lost to the Pats in our division. The only reason you think what you posted is an indicator of anything is because you're arrogant. Bottom line. That's why not many people here take you seriously. You don't even try to be objective. You felt the Bills shouldn't have drafted Allen and you'll be the first one here to tell everyone how much he sucks, even when we win the Super Bowl.

Word of advice: when you resort to personal attacks, you’re just showing that you’ve allowed your emotions to get the best of you.

And that’s when I know the opponent has lost.

• Like (+1) 1

Well it's accurate.

Just depends on how Bills fans feel about making the playoffs just to be bounced in the WC round again.

At this point, I guess I'm fine with it. I just want to see some growth going into next season when we likely won't have such an easy schedule. Even if we get smashed in the playoffs, making it twice in 3 years is better than once every 18 years.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

/sarcasm

I like hyperbole as much as the next guy when it comes to emphasizing a point, but your incessant use of it to knock the Bills in general and Josh Allen in particular, suggests an agenda bordering on a crusade. That, in turn, calls into question your credibility and makes it difficult to take you seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Luka said:

Jackson is better than Allen at this point. It's not supporting cast... you need to actually watch the games. Any non-biased observer would be able to see that. Josh Allen has not been good this year, but at least he's shown signs of improvement lately, even with his weak numbers. 

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Well it's accurate.

Just depends on how Bills fans feel about making the playoffs just to be bounced in the WC round again.

At this point, I guess I'm fine with it. I just want to see some growth going into next season when we likely won't have such an easy schedule. Even if we get smashed in the playoffs, making it twice in 3 years is better than once every 18 years.

If we make the wildcard and hold the opposition to 10 points again we might win 

We swapped out the cancerous Tyrod for JA who scores more than 10 often ????✊?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I like hyperbole as much as the next guy when it comes to emphasizing a point, but your incessant use of it to knock the Bills in general and Josh Allen in particular, suggests an agenda bordering on a crusade. That, in turn, calls into question your credibility and makes it difficult to take you seriously. 

Credibility? He was arguing with a guy who is trying to suggest the only thing separating Allen & Jackson are their supporting casts lol

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Jackson is better than Allen at this point. It's not supporting cast... you need to actually watch the games. Any non-biased observer would be able to see that. Josh Allen has not been good this year, but at least he's shown signs of improvement lately, even with his weak numbers. 

Compare their numbers.