Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

I wonder if the Author of this article is affiliated with the odds makers in Vegas?

Absolutely not. Pretty much every non data driven bet will be on Buffalo.

He does make some ridiculous points, such as Beasley's production, but I can assure you that his opinion has nothing to do with the line. 

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Results aren’t identical when you look at who they beat. The Ravens are capable of winning in the playoffs, does anyone really believe this Bills team is? This is 2017 all over again. 

Your opinion of who the Bills can and can't beat is conjecture. The results are literally the same. Both teams are 6-2. Funny that we as a fanbase think we can beat the Steelers but yet no one gives Jackson any grief for losing to them and playing horribly. My personal view is that Allen would be as effective if not more so in Roman's offense. That's what it really boils down to between us and the Ravens. Coaching.

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

Cherry picked stats to support your OPINION. Cool story bro. And those are manipulated stats on top of it. QBR is meaningless. Adjusted net yards? How about Lamar's 17.2% of bad throws which is 7th. (Allen 11th) How about Allen being the 8th most blitzed QB compared to Jackson? (15th).

Stats without context are meaningless. Stats presented by Wayne Arnold to support a weak opinion even more so.

The results are identical. Both teams are 6-2.

Ah yes - "cherry-picked". ? Because there are so many passing categories that Allen just dominates over Jackson.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

?

The ravens are on a 3 game win streak and the last two opponents they've face and beaten were the Undefeated NE pats and Seahawks. 

Those two teams were dominated by the Ravens.   Those two teams have more combined wins then every team we've beaten this year. 

We are going to lose to them, and lose to them pretty badly IMO. 

Well we already didn't lose to the Pats badly a few weeks ago.  I guess that means we will also lose badly against the Browns who last week tore the Ravens a new one.  You know... the 2 win Browns.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Well then, you're pretty weak and embarrassed to be a Bills fan.  Pathetic.  I don't have a problem talking about it around my friends who are rabid fans of other teams.

No doubt. 6-2 is 6-2 any way you slice it. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.There are some issues and I have no problem discussing them, but we've won 75 percent of the games we've played. I'll ride with this team when they're bottom feeders; can't even imagine ducking now that they have a solid record. Just odd.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForReal said:

You make good points. I've never seen a fanbase be so critial of their own QB who is young and has an incredible amount of potential. I really feel that a decent part of our fanbase would rather root for any one of the other QBs selected in 2018. 

I’ve been a big Josh Allen fan since last season. I didn’t like the draft pick, and he slowly won me over after seeing him play in a Bills uni. I have no agenda against Allen. I want to see him succeed, and he has all the tools to be an amazing QB. That’s what separates him from our past failures such as Losman, Edwards, Fitz, and Manuel. He certainly has potential, but at some point you need to see the guy show ability to carry a team to victory. How long do you get to proving that ability? 

He looked unprepared for the big stage against the Pats, and I look forward to seeing if that changes in future big games. You’re correct, his story has yet to be written. I simply think many people, myself included become nervous considering our past failures at the QB position. Allen simply needs to start showing something. Conservative game plans such as the one against Washington don’t give him that chance, but he will eventually be forced to win a game. That’s what will teach us more about what we have going into the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Absolutely not. Pretty much every non data driven bet will be on Buffalo.

He does make some ridiculous points, such as Beasley's production, but I can assure you that his opinion has nothing to do with the line. 

My point. The absurdity of some of the "opinions" in the article are about as justified as the Browns -2.5. Pure sarcasm.?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForReal said:

Josh Allen wasn't "held" to 160 yards. He could've easily had more, but didn't due to play calling. Maybe these reporters should watch the games. 

Daboll acknowledged the same in his presser.  Said "obviously we decided to run the ball more this game".  Said that Allen was "pretty efficient yesterday in what we asked him to do...made some good decisions, made some plays with his arm and with his legs...." Said "I think Josh is the ultimate competitor, and he's doing a good job"

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Lamar threw for 163 yards last night and everyone is slobbering all over him. 143 in the loss to the Seahawks. 161 and 3 picks against the Steelers. It's just funny to me the opposite reactions to similar performances by Jackson and Allen on teams that are both 6-2. Jackson is the next coming of Jesus Christ and Allen is a bust yet both are dual threat QBs, Allen being the better passer, Jackson the better runner.

They beat the seahawks in seattle handily, it wasn't a loss.

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Your opinion of who the Bills can and can't beat is conjecture. The results are literally the same. Both teams are 6-2. Funny that we as a fanbase think we can beat the Steelers but yet no one gives Jackson any grief for losing to them and playing horribly. My personal view is that Allen would be as effective if not more so in Roman's offense. That's what it really boils down to between us and the Ravens. Coaching.

I agree with Daboll being a major issue. I just don’t think it’s fair to act like Jackson doesn’t deserve more credit when compared to Josh. Every team in the NFL takes bad losses such as the Ravens loss to the Steelers. Fans and media simply remember signature wins against quality opponents more than one off bad losses to subpar teams. Allen has yet to pull off a win that makes anyone outside of Buffalo take notice. Plus, Jackson has been better than Allen this season, but that’s a separate debate in and off itself. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForReal said:

You make good points. I've never seen a fanbase be so critial of their own QB who is young and has an incredible amount of potential. I really feel that a decent part of our fanbase would rather root for any one of the other QBs selected in 2018. 

Exactly.  Everyone knew when he was drafted he was raw and would need time to develop.  Yet, he was forced into action the very first game and had to learn on the fly.  The disdain this fan base has for a kid who is giving his heart to this team, city, and fan base is disheartening.  All the while, despite a below average offensive roster, has led his team to a 6-2 record and hopefully a playoff appearance in his second year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree with Daboll being a major issue. I just don’t think it’s fair to act like Jackson doesn’t deserve more credit when compared to Josh. Every team in the NFL takes bad losses such as the Ravens loss to the Steelers. Fans and media simply remember signature wins against quality opponents more than one off bad losses to subpar teams. Allen has yet to pull off a win that makes anyone outside of Buffalo take notice. Plus, Jackson has been better than Allen this season, but that’s a separate debate in and off itself. 

I'm not saying Jackson doesn't deserve credit. I never said I didn't like Jackson. I just can't wrap my head around the hate Allen gets sometimes. Athletically he is very comparable to Jackson, the run in favor of Jackson and arm strength in Allen's favor. Both have ability rarely seen in the NFL. Both have broken records in their very short careers. Bills fans don't appreciate what we have currently and as I said, in Roman's system, Allen would have a much different narrative around him.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Luka said:

We lack guys that take over games. Allen has been great in 4th quarter. Singletary showed yesterday that he should be the featured player in the offense. On defense you have Phillips and Tre White. The rest of the team you better rewatch the game a couple times to even notice who's out there at times.

John Brown has been solid.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Who cares. They are likely making the playoffs and have the 3rd most cap space in the NFL next year behind the Dolphins and Colts.

Insiders claim next year is when the team really thought it was "go time" and this would be a transition year.

But, buoyed by one of the easiest schedules in NFL history they should coast to the 5th seed in the AFC with little competition.

This is the dumb stuff media talks about. At the end of the year nobody remembers what your schedule looked like, they only remember what your final record was, if you made the playoffs or not and what happened when you got there.

Well said, matter. The Bills didn't make the schedule where they could pick the teams to play. It's not their fault that the Bengals, Giants, Skins, Fish, Jets, and some  of the

others on our schedule are having a down season.  This is media bias. That's all it is.      Good post.                   Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Results aren’t identical when you look at who they beat. The Ravens are capable of winning in the playoffs, does anyone really believe this Bills team is? This is 2017 all over again. 

And yet, we had a very solid gameplan in that playoff game and had every chance to win that game. We held the Jags to 10 points... who then went into Pittsburgh and put up over 40. We didn't play complementary football, as our offensive roster was still less than stellar, but the coaching staff prepared like a playoff team and it was a hard fought game. Not unlike the game against new England this year. I don't think we are perfect, but I will not concede anything before we play the games.

26 minutes ago, BillsFanForReal said:

I've never seen a fanbase be so critial of their own QB who is young and has an incredible amount of potential. I really feel that a decent part of our fanbase would rather root for any one of the other QBs selected in 2018. 

8 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The disdain this fan base has for a kid who is giving his heart to this team, city, and fan base is disheartening.  All the while, despite a below average offensive roster, has led his team to a 6-2 record and hopefully a playoff appearance in his second year.  

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

I just can't wrap my head around the hate Allen gets sometimes. 

Cry me a freakin' river. 

Bills fans want the Bills to be GREAT.

They want Allen to be GREAT.

And ultimately, they want to see see their team win the Super Bowl. 

Until those things happen, Bills fans are going to tell it like it is.

In the meantime, the creampuffs better find their safe spaces.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Exactly.  Everyone knew when he was drafted he was raw and would need time to develop.  Yet, he was forced into action the very first game and had to learn on the fly.  The disdain this fan base has for a kid who is giving his heart to this team, city, and fan base is disheartening.  All the while, despite a below average offensive roster, has led his team to a 6-2 record and hopefully a playoff appearance in his second year.  

Nah, nah, nah. 

Most of the fan base loves him.  Some love his competitiveness, his swag, his willingness to 'cowboy up' and shoulder all blame but share praise - but are reserving judgement as a QB because we want to see another step in field vision and offensive production.  (I'd be one of those).  Most people are rational in seeing that he didn't have the supporting pieces in place last year.  I'm not sure we're "below average" offensively overall on roster talent but it's a fair critique that we got a lot of "fresh meat" struggling to get on the same page in a complicated offensive system and that hurts us at times, and we have no standouts or stars - no Kelce, no Hill, no Cooper, no Zeke.

A vocal minority are ...well, I'd have to warn myself if I said it, so I won't say it.  Let's just call it "flinging", and I'll let you imagine what.  Unfortunately they're quite vocal.  You don't even see the worst of it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1