Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

People see what they want to see.

Last week, we got DESTROYED, WRECKED, OBLITERATED and TOTALLY BLOWN OUT by 18 POINTS (!!!!!!!!!!) against the Eagles.

This week, we barely squeaked by the lowly Redskins by a measly 15 POINTS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How many flaws does this team really have? The run defense? Punter? Let’s not act like this team is completely lost out there 

We lack guys that take over games. Allen has been great in 4th quarter. Singletary showed yesterday that he should be the featured player in the offense. On defense you have Phillips and Tre White. The rest of the team you better rewatch the game a couple times to even notice who's out there at times.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/11/03/buffalo-bills-might-be-most-flawed-6-2-team-youve-ever-seen/amp/

select quotes:

The Buffalo Bills might be the most flawed 6-2 team you’ve ever seen on an NFL field.

The Bills are off to their best start since 1993, but there is no euphoria among the players or coaching staff. And people are still asking: Are the Bills as good as their record indicates? 

After allowing 218 rushing yards in last week’s 31-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Bills gave up 127 yards on the ground to the Redskins, with most of the big gains coming from veteran Adrian Peterson, who rolled up 101 yards on just 10 carries in the first half for an average of better than 10 yards a carry.

The Bills tightened things up in the second half.

It’s not as if the offense has figured things out because Allen has now gone two straight games throwing for fewer than 200 yards. Against the Eagles, Allen threw for 169 yards and against the Redskins he was held to 160 yards in the air.

But Cole Beasley seems to be less of a factor all the time, although his role is being masked because he caught a TD pass for the third straight game, which is the first time that has happened in Buffalo since Charles Clay in 2016.

Beasley continues to run great routes and he’s a great possession receiver. But against the Redskins, Beasley was targeted only twice and caught both passes for only 13 yards – his lowest totals of the season. He has not caught more than four passes in a game since the loss to New England in Week 4, when he hauled in seven passes for 75 yards.

This is not why you signed the former Dallas Cowboys receiver to a four-year, $29 million contract in the off-season. Unless he is hiding an injury, Beasley has to be more involved in the offense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/11/03/buffalo-bills-might-be-most-flawed-6-2-team-youve-ever-seen/amp/

I will ignore the desperate search for negative material, and just focus on the positive. See BOLDED.

Nobody said it was a finished product, but I’ll take it so far. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Of all the reasons why the Bills are a flawed team, Cole Beasley's production is so far down on the list I can't even fathom the rationale behind turning that kindergarten doodle of an article into a post.

I almost died at the term "kindergarten doodle of an article" priceless bahahaha

I find this intriguing since neither the 9ers or the Pats have played ‘anyone’, either. They are the only other teams with opposition win percentage below .400. 

Personally, I like this team and LOVE the management and coaching. I’m enjoying being a Bills fan again and, while understanding the current flaws, appreciate the very intended trajectory. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

17 teams are .500 or worse in the NFL right now. If Dallas looses tonight it will be 18.

At what point does the narrative turn to SF being the worse undefeated team?!

49ers at least have been blowing most of their opponents out. 

• Like (+1) 2

Very little mention of the fact the last two weeks at New Era have been BRUTAL for passing the ball with any kind of consistency. That’s not to say Daboll has a reason to force the running game, just that it has been a factor in game planning. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

17 teams are .500 or worse in the NFL right now. If Dallas looses tonight it will be 18.

At what point does the narrative turn to SF being the worse undefeated team?!

SF is literally the worst undefeated team in the NFL (they are also the best, but for negativity sake - we will stick with the worst).

What passes for articles in the modern day should only be printed and used to line bird cages.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

They beat the Redskins 9 nothing so i guess we're better than the 9ers...

lol you do realize they played the skins at a 1pm game AWAY coming from the west coast in miserable conditions. 

we played them at home vs a rookie QB making his first start and still kept them around until late 4th quarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

This is what the national media thinks of us. 

Until we put together some dominant games we will continue to be marginalized. 

Who cares (obviously beside you).  

Just keep winning - the media is unimportant.

Look they anointed the Browns with no dominant wins and look at how that worked out.

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

lol you do realize they played the skins at a 1pm game AWAY coming from the west coast in miserable conditions. 

we played them at home vs a rookie QB making his first start and still kept them around until late 4th quarter. 

You realize the score doesn't matter aside from whether it's a win or loss?

49 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Dude, it's crazy what they let people write these days.

I just hope this stuff just keeps fueling our players. 

Did you check out AP's feedback on Devin? We focus so much on the negative these days. So programed to be pessimistic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Who cares (obviously beside you).  

Just keep winning - the media is unimportant.

Look they anointed the Browns with no dominant wins and look at how that worked out.

So you don't enjoy flipping on the NFL network and hearing good things about the team you're a fan of? 

Oh, ok...must just be me. 

I live in PA.   Im surrounded by Eagles, Steelers, Cowboy and Jets fans.  

I grow tired of making excuses for a team that's 6-2.  I get more trash talk being 6-2 then I did when we were 2-6.

I want a dominant team.   I want dominant performances.   I want a dominant Qb performance, and I want it against a quality team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1