Jordan Phillips now leads all Defensive Tackles in sacks....

Big Turk

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Oh he definitely wants to be here...he said Buffalo is home and he is in love with the fans and atmosphere at the games.

Glad he wants to be here. Will he still want to be here when some team offers him way more than the Bills? I think that’s exactly what’s gonna happen as some struggling team with a frustrated fan base seeks to make a big splash in free agency by singing the sack leader among DTs. “Even more than Donald!”, they’ll say. And that fan base will be mollified by the move. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Glad he wants to be here. Will he still want to be here when some team offers him way more than the Bills? I think that’s exactly what’s gonna happen as some struggling team with a frustrated fan base seeks to make a big splash in free agency by singing the sack leader among DTs. “Even more than Donald!”, they’ll say. And that fan base will be mollified by the move. 

Yeah. Love is fleeting once money is involved.

A DT that puts up (potentially) 10 sacks is going to get A LOT of attention.

Beane is going to have to set a price and try to stay within that framework. Having said that, he brings it and it would be awesome to have him back. I just don't happen to have any delusions that he's gonna re-sign for anything remotely close to his current salary.

If he can keep it up he will definitely be signing a big deal somewhere, hopefully with the Bills.

He pretty much lined up as a nose in Oklahomas' 3/4 and was used mainly in early down/short yardage situations. He was highly effective in occupying OLinemen and keeping the linebackers clean. He was not asked to rush the passer but because he displayed surprising athleticism and agility for a man his size pro scouts were intrigued by the possibility that he could develop as a penetrating DT. Given the scheme he played in college it was assumed that it would take time before he would be able to do this, if it was going to happen at all. So he was drafted as a run stuffer with possible upside.

Looks like the pass rush part of his game has come to fruition. That puts him firmly in the class of a featured defensive player. Size, strength, quickness, agility - he has all the talent needed to be a star so if he works at his game like a serious professional he should succeed. He needs to maintain proper technique - he sometimes has a high pad level when engaging offensive linemen, so not leveraging efficiently the power in his lower body. He is occasionally slow off the snap. When his technique suffers he can sort of disappear for a stretch. 

Vincent Taylor also looks to me like a guy who can play at a high level. Thank you Miami!

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

By the Jets, who have a ton of cap room, just gave up on Leonard Williams, and love spending recklessly.

First...Gase is the coach but yes...good chance he's gone.

And 2...the Jets are a mess.  From the front office to the field.  The players I'm sure don't trust the front office after the last few ordeals.  

16 hours ago, berg1029 said:

Dude loves Buffalo too.  He needs to stay!

I really hope it happens but I think he’s gonna take the most money thrown at him.  Not sure if Beane will be the guy to offer that amount 

8 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

The top 10 range from just under $17m to Donald at 22.5m.  I'm sure he gets $17, maybe $20

yea but i dont think he gets top ten money. he doesnt have the rep. i'd be surprised over 12 mil for more than 3 years