Bills brought Corey Liuget in yesterday & signed him today (M Alexander to IR)

Reed83HOF

21 hours ago, wppete said:

We are really missing Harrison Phillips!

I like to think of him as an extra high round draft pick for next year.  ?

Yes, he is sorely missed right about now. 

32 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I am not sure where Raiders played him (3T?) but was a 5T DE on the Strong side for Chargers.    

Quote from Raiders site when they signed him

Raiders coach Jon Gruden agrees, saying, “Liuget is a legitimate 3-technique and can also be a penetrator as a nose … he gives us another veteran player with inside pass-rush ability. We are thrilled to have him,” according to the Raiders’ official website.

Apparently there were limits to the thrill......

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have no idea, but perhaps the Raiders found other options when he was rehabbing from his injury and decided to release him.  It's a good signing for the Bills.  We clearly need help on the DL and this guy has been a really good player in the past (and has a 1st round pedigree).  The deal is only for 1 year, so if he doesn't pan out, we can move on from him without future cap implications and if he does pan out, we've improved the team.

Apparently the Raiders saw him in the 3T role in their 4-3, more along the way he played as a DE in the 3-4. Raiders fans seem to think he was decent when he played, but really best as a run stopper (!) which they didn't need as much as a 3T type penetrator.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oaklandraiders/comments/dpai8w/dt_terrell_mcclain_added_to_raiders_roster_along/

He was suspended for the first four games last year (2018), and then had an injury, but was still the Chargers "Walter Payton Man of the Year" nominee. Was due for ~$10M (resigned by Chargers in 2015 for 5 years at ~$11M/year.)

Picked up by the Raiders in FA but released about a week ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017906/article/chargers-wont-exercise-option-on-dt-corey-liuget

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wasn't really impressed with Alexander, but what the hell happens if Milano and Edmunds are lost for any significant amount of time?

Corey Thompson and Julian Stanford. So basically, pray nothing happens to them. Thompson is decent though.