Bills brought Corey Liuget in yesterday & signed him today (M Alexander to IR)

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I rewatched the game and it doesnt look like Oilver was the problem it looked like Star was

Thats because Oliver only played 18 snaps....... just curious how many of the snaps that they had over 10 yard runs on was Ed in on?

Edited by Locomark

14 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

If Star is not the problem and Tremaine is not the problem then the D scheme is. We're getting shredded up the middle and I am looking at Star & Tremaine. And please don't tell me they solved there issues in the second half. With a rookie quarterback you could do run blitzes every play and stop at run. Against a  good quarterback you're going to get picked apart doing that every play.

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't have all the answers. Just telling you what I read on these boards.

Fact is, we don't know what the player assignments are on any given play. Have to take the players and coaches at their word. They claimed gap integrity was the problem.

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Something tells me there’s another paragraph entitled “Weaknesses”. 

That’s OK, you’ve probably been told that your entire life. It’s OK, really. You’ll be fine. 

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yep. Star is a liability at this point. Not quite sure why people cling to this signing as a good one. It was not. Ya know, it's okay to state this exactly as you stated it; I like the direction, but this was a mistake. Not that complicated.

The decline of Star's play can no longer be ignored! Can so many eyes be wrong!

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

2018 scouting report---doesn't seem like he would be a run stuffer...almost like the role they wanted Oliver to play. Although on some of the runs they are getting gashed on its because they get the Bills moving laterally so maybe they think he could help shoot through some of those:

He wins primarily against the lateral run game. His snap quickness helps him excel as a penetrator. Liuget’s processing allow him to shoot through the gap to replace pullers and undercut reach blocks. As a pass-rusher, his hand usage and quickness stand out. He sets up blockers with inside-out fakes, clubs and rips to penetrate and move the QB off his spot. The 27-year-old possesses a nonstop motor and chases the ball through the whistle all over the field.

Liuget's scouting report suggests that run stopping was one of his strengths, but that was in 2010-11. What the heck, a former 1st round pick...he could get caught up in the atmosphere here and find his game once again.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I rewatched the game and it doesnt look like Oilver was the problem it looked like Star was

Watch the all-22, it's embarrassing. On consecutive plays, Star got completely turned around and had his back to the rusher. He got owned multiple times and Peterson was running right past him without a finger touch. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

You watched the wrong game

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Watch the all-22, it's embarrassing. On consecutive plays, Star got completely turned around and had his back to the rusher. He got owned multiple times and Peterson was running right past him without a finger touch. 

On that play Star took on the double team allowing the DB a clean tackle on AP and the DB(Johnson I think) missed the tackle.

Oliver was blocked out of the hole by a single guy on most snaps. 

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

star is terrible, the opposite of high motor, has no fire at all, just collecting checks.

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Phillips and Taylor should be starting..

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You watched the wrong game

On that play Star took on the double team allowing the DB a clean tackle on AP and the DB(Johnson I think) missed the tackle.

Oliver was blocked out of the hole by a single guy on most snaps. 

Apparently, you're one of the few people that understand what you are looking at with the DT. Time to see if Oliver can do ANYTHING as an end.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if they could use Liuget as the 3-tech with Oliver and then play Jordan Phillips out of position at 1-tech instead of Star. I know it's not ideal, but I suppose it could work, and if it led to an improvement...

16 hours ago, Luka said:

Hopefully they move on from those connections. It's time this offseason, to throw the money around and bring in legitimate talent in free agency. I keep hearing we're the worst 6-2 team but aside from Allen, Singletary, White and Phillips, who are the playmakers on this team?

Zo, Hyde, Poyer, White, Milano, Edmunds, Smoke, Beasley, Dawkins, Morse, JF. 

IF the Bills were to cut Star (and I am not sure Liuget is that kind of player) what are the cap ramifications? Do they carry more or less dead money into next season? Is there any benefit to cutting Star this season as opposed to next? Just curious. I don't think McD is looking to replace Star and I think he holds onto him out of bizarre loyalty he shows some vets. But if they were considering that type of move does it have any benefit cap wise? 

Star's contract:

Current Contract

(?: indicates contract trigger occurring during that year)
Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Per Game Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $29,900,000 $13,000,000 $3,500,000 $2,500,000 $1,100,000   $11,650,000   $50,000,000      
2018 29 $3,500,000 $2,600,000 $0 $500,000 $100,000   $3,500,000   $6,700,000 3.8%      
2019 ? 30 $7,150,000 $2,600,000 $1,000,000 $500,000 $250,000   $8,150,000   $11,500,000 6.1%  
$18,550,000
($7,050,000)
2020 ? 31 $6,250,000 $2,600,000 $500,000 $500,000 $250,000   $0   $10,100,000 5.1%  
$7,800,000
$2,300,000
2021 ? 32 $6,500,000 $2,600,000 $1,000,000 $500,000 $250,000   $0   $10,850,000 --  
$5,200,000
$5,650,000
2022 ? 33 $6,500,000 $2,600,000 $1,000,000 $500,000 $250,000   $0   $10,850,000 --  
$2,600,000
$8,250,000

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Zo, Hyde, Poyer, White, Milano, Edmunds, Smoke, Beasley, Dawkins, Morse, JF. 

Morse and Dawkins are play makers now? ? Yea let me know when either of them have a couple of big touchdowns to turn the game in our favor or come up with a game changing sack.