Josh Allen being turned into Tyrod? And not learning from The Bears & Jaguars

Yes I am beating the drum again as I want Allen to succeed and be a star in this league.

The last 4 weeks we see Allen's #'s going down.  Weeks 1-3 uneven but 240-255 yards passing and since then less & less.  The Mantra of mistake free football and less & less passing yards is concerning as I want to see what the Bills have in Josh Allen.

He has as others have said looking more & more like check down Tyrod thanks to this coaching staff.

Even those preaching at the foot of McD & going on about the Process talk about that 4-5 year plan.  

Take a look at the Bears & Jaguars & what happened to them.  Two teams that thought they had Elite Defenses and only needed a game manager to not make mistakes & take them deep into the future. 

Bortles is the butt of jokes (watch The Good Place) and not sure where he even is.  Truibinsky just put up 125 yards & is close to being benched or labeled a bust!!!!

If this is a 4-5 year process don't we need to see who the Bills have in Josh Allen?

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 2

I actually agree. 

If the defense is really that good, it will cope with JA's mistakes (as it did).  He is electric when he is playing fast and loose. And, as time goes on, the mistakes will decrease. 

The overemphasis on his turnovers has slowed his progression. 

I also low key don't think turnovers are that big a deal. 

I don't know. It is a thin line. We have seen it happen to a bunch of QB's espescially those who look good in shorts. EJ, Bortles, Trubisky, Losman (remember he went like 7/10 65 yards one game haha), etc.  Is it coaches hampering greatness or is it guys who just aren't good enough? Sometimes franchises and fanbases are just so desperate for good/better QB play they start lashing out at everybody else.  

It is year 2 for our own JA, so who knows yet. We had some pretty terrible OL and WR play last year, but I am on the doubter side currently. Would love to be wrong.  

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes I am beating the drum again as I want Allen to succeed and be a star in this league.

The last 4 weeks we see Allen's #'s going down.  Weeks 1-3 uneven but 240-255 yards passing and since then less & less.  The Mantra of mistake free football and less & less passing yards is concerning as I want to see what the Bills have in Josh Allen.

He has as others have said looking more & more like check down Tyrod thanks to this coaching staff.

Even those preaching at the foot of McD & going on about the Process talk about that 4-5 year plan.  

Take a look at the Bears & Jaguars & what happened to them.  Two teams that thought they had Elite Defenses and only needed a game manager to not make mistakes & take them deep into the future. 

Bortles is the butt of jokes (watch The Good Place) and not sure where he even is.  Truibinsky just put up 125 yards & is close to being benched or labeled a bust!!!!

If this is a 4-5 year process don't we need to see who the Bills have in Josh Allen?

I mean the last 2 games have been pretty windy... its not ideal situations for you to be flinging the ball around the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

I wouldn't compare bottles and trublowski to Allen. Maybe you have only seen half the qbs since Kelly if you complain about Allen 

Bortles has won playoff games and reached the AFC Championship.

Until Allen can do that - you’re right, no comparison.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Everyone’s praising Lamar Jackson today(deservedly so) as the patriots king killer and best in the bunch of the QBs in his draft. Yet, 163 yards and a TD. Do you want shiny stats or wins?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

I wouldn't compare bottles and trublowski to Allen. Maybe you have only seen half the qbs since Kelly if you complain about Allen 

I'm comparing coaching staffs that thought their Defenses were so good, that QB play was secondary.

Well their Defenses are good, maybe very good, but not elite & can't overcome bad QB play & offensive schemes.

The Bills need to know what they have in Allen & 20 passes/game & <200 tells me nothing vs. teams with 0-2 wins & bad defenses.....