Schein doubles down on Bills...

umangatan

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Baltimore is overrated. The Bills will handle them easily when they come to Buffalo.  They were DESTROYED by the Browns.  I think all we learned yesterday is the AFC is wide open and the Bills can get the #1 seed if they get the run defense fixed.

And offense gels...

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Baltimore leads the NFL in points per game...offense cant expect to win with 18 points.

I agree with this 100% Bills need to get the offense right soon. Our D is good but not getting us points, same goes for ST. We need to generate more points. Period. Hopefully Singletary will open up some stuff for the WRs...or just use the quick throw to get yards. We don’t need deep passes to connect if you’re beating them in the quick game and getting singletary in space...

3 hours ago, umang_a_desai said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001073458/article/afc-wildcard-race-buffalo-bills-top-crowded-field-of-contenders

Are we overreacting to the offensive struggles? Half a season left to get 9 of 11 new starters to gel...I think the Bills are starting to find effective ways to move the ball. Ball security and the deep shot may solve our current offensive anemia...also a heavy dose of singletary.

oh all we need is to stop turnovers and make some big plays and the offense will be less bad?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally felt they should have kept both and let Yeldon go, but maybe that's just me.  When Singletary went down, Gore/McCoy >> Gore/Yeldon.

im still skeptical that McCoy would’ve been down for a demotion given how he was talking in preseason though 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

oh all we need is to stop turnovers and make some big plays and the offense will be less bad?

I get you being incredulous but honestly Josh Allen holding on to the ball is fundamentals that can be taught(and he doesn’t really have a fumbling history prior to this year), and motor and McKenzie are providing big plays. Once you establish those types of plays it loosens up the D for big pass plays...

Edited by umang_a_desai
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

I get you being incredulous but honestly Josh Allen holding on to the ball is fundamentals that can be taught(and he doesn’t really have a fumbling history prior to this year), and motor and McKenzie are providing big plays. Once you establish those types of plays it loosens up the D for big pass plays...

it was just an amusing post... a bit madden-esque. like saying scoring more would fix the offense. 

As if any offense wouldn’t benefit from those two items.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

How different did it look with Singletary in there? Hats off to @Kirby Jackson who was banging the table at that draft pick! Heck, I’d never even heard of the guy before that pick, but I think the entire NFL will know the name soon. 

I was happy with the pick based on one game I saw- against UCF, whose D is better then most realize, and he kept getting yards in tight spots. I thought he would be the complementary back for awhile but he is ready to be the man.

Schein is usually spot on with his predictions.  With that said, I hope it's not a curse either.  As he mentioned, this will be the 3rd year in a row that he's predicted a team to breakout and make the playoffs.  His last 2 predictions, the Jags and the Bears.  After their breakout years, they've been borderline atrocious.  Very underwhelming.  I really hope that won't be the case for our Bills.

I think 10 wins for sure gets you a wildcard spot. The Colts I think get to 9-10 wins. I think the Steelers, Raiders, and Chargers are all possible competition to get to 9 wins. I don't see the Titans or Jags getting past 8 wins. So if the Bills can get to 10 wins they sit even with the Colts and ahead of the more fringe contenders who have 4-5 losses already and some of whom play each other. 

In the end just beat the Browns and secure win 7. Far too early to look ahead.