Schein doubles down on Bills...

umangatan

58 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

10 wins minimum, 12 wins with a few breaks. Then we will see what happens. New England has been exposed, Kansas City and Houston have flaws and Baltimore is the best of the bunch right now.

Baltimore is overrated. The Bills will handle them easily when they come to Buffalo.  They were DESTROYED by the Browns.  I think all we learned yesterday is the AFC is wide open and the Bills can get the #1 seed if they get the run defense fixed.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There is no question that changing out almost 90% of your offensive starters with such a complex scheme is having an affect.  The BILLS' receivers are still dropping too many balls (the most egregious yesterday was Smoke dropping an absolutely perfect pass after Allen made an all-world escape).  The choice of Gore over Shady is also not looking wise. 

I’m not quite sure where you’re coming from with that it looks to me like Gore is outperforming shady and super motor is giving what shady did

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There is no question that changing out almost 90% of your offensive starters with such a complex scheme is having an affect.  The BILLS' receivers are still dropping too many balls (the most egregious yesterday was Smoke dropping an absolutely perfect pass after Allen made an all-world escape).  The choice of Gore over Shady is also not looking wise. 

I didn't have a problem moving on from shady but I believe Gore will be the better mentor and he hasn't had a game changer fumble yet.

not trying to knock shady and fumbles happen, I believe Gore did have one near the goal line in a game but he hasn't made me miss McCoy and Singletary will gain a lot from Gore.

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve seen a lot around lately about just accepting this as who we are.... while I don’t think that’s necessarily wrong, and I’m fine if this is who we are as long as we’re winning, there’s a part of me that can’t help but remember the Miami game last year and wonder if this newly stocked offense doesn’t find some rhythm down the stretch. I don’t expect them to become the chiefs, but I am more less expecting us to become a good offense. If that happens, you can’t tell me we aren’t a contender. Unexpected teams play in February all the time. Not gonna bet money on it, but not gonna bet money against it either. 

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

10 wins minimum, 12 wins with a few breaks. Then we will see what happens. New England has been exposed, Kansas City and Houston have flaws and Baltimore is the best of the bunch right now.

I thought there was a promise not to bring up Kraft's little jaunt to Asia.

41 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Baltimore is overrated. The Bills will handle them easily when they come to Buffalo.  They were DESTROYED by the Browns.  I think all we learned yesterday is the AFC is wide open and the Bills can get the #1 seed if they get the run defense fixed.

Key is going to be stopping Ingram and containing Jackson.  Hopefully the run D is solid that day.  Glad we have them at home.

Edited by Azucho98

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I personally felt they should have kept both and let Yeldon go, but maybe that's just me.  When Singletary went down, Gore/McCoy >> Gore/Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I personally felt they should have kept both and let Yeldon go, but maybe that's just me.  When Singletary went down, Gore/McCoy >> Gore/Yeldon.

They say 20-20 hindsight is perfect. I'm not so sure.   I think it's possible you aren't taking "The Process" seriously enough. Choosing Gore and Singletary (Yeldon was just an addition as a receiving back) over McCoy was a process move, IMO. From what I'm hearing McCoy, while not a bad guy, was not likely to take getting a lot less playing time very well. Maybe not cause a real fuss, but definately not all in. He has a star RB mentality at this point. 

My 20-20 (yeah, right) retrospective look suggests they may have made the right decision. Ditch Shady's salary. Let Gore show the new guy what process is really about. Get the bulk of the carries early, and as the old guy starts to decline a bit, unleash the youth. 

Then again, I could be completely full or s#it

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Woah. The Bills "easily handling" the best rushing team in the league seems like a long shot after the way they've defended the run the past two weeks. I'm not saying that the Bills won't have a chance to win that game, but.."handle them easily"? I sincerely doubt it. I respect your optimism, though!

Are you talking about the drop while smoke went up and was getting interfered with? Brown has been solid and receivers haven’t dropped that many- especially since Zay is gone lol

I still don't mind keeping Gore over Shady.  If we had an OC smart enough to know WHEN to use WHOM, I'm sure it would look like a better decision than it does now.

And I agree 100% re: the drops.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

How different did it look with Singletary in there? Hats off to @Kirby Jackson who was banging the table at that draft pick! Heck, I’d never even heard of the guy before that pick, but I think the entire NFL will know the name soon. 

The NFL already does- dude is shifty and has eyes in the back of his head.

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Are you talking about the drop while smoke went up and was getting interfered with? Brown has been solid and receivers haven’t dropped that many- especially since Zay is gone lol

I don’t think so, it was down the right sideline in the 2nd half I think. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The NFL already does- dude is shifty and has eyes in the back of his head.

And the national fans! He’s so fun to watch.....I kept thinking in the GDT, he’d be all-world in dodgeball! You just never know what direction he’s going to go next! WOOP! Missed again! 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

He did drop a catchable ball on the right sideline before making the high catch, I think. He kind of reached out with his left hand, but could/should have had it easily if he fully committed. NOT a perfect throw, but a catchable ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

And the national fans! He’s so fun to watch.....I kept thinking in the GDT, he’d be all-world in dodgeball! You just never know what direction he’s going to go next! WOOP! Missed again! 

No doubt- he is crazy fun to watch. Yesterday at the game you can really see how good his vision is too.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh yes- that was on my side of the field- I believe the ball was a little out of reach and a tough catch.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

and Baltimore lost to the 2-6 Browns...so they have their own flaws

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Key is going to be stopping Ingram and containing Jackson.  Hopefully the run D is solid that day.  Glad we have them at home.

Baltimore leads the NFL in points per game...offense cant expect to win with 18 points.