Schein doubles down on Bills...

umangatan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001073458/article/afc-wildcard-race-buffalo-bills-top-crowded-field-of-contenders

Are we overreacting to the offensive struggles? Half a season left to get 9 of 11 new starters to gel...I think the Bills are starting to find effective ways to move the ball. Ball security and the deep shot may solve our current offensive anemia...also a heavy dose of singletary.

Edited by umang_a_desai
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There is no question that changing out almost 90% of your offensive starters with such a complex scheme is having an affect.  The BILLS' receivers are still dropping too many balls (the most egregious yesterday was Smoke dropping an absolutely perfect pass after Allen made an all-world escape).  The choice of Gore over Shady is also not looking wise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There is no question that changing out almost 90% of your offensive starters with such a complex scheme is having an affect.  The BILLS' receivers are still dropping too many balls (the most egregious yesterday was Smoke dropping an absolutely perfect pass after Allen made an all-world escape).  The choice of Gore over Shady is also not looking wise. 

How do you figure this?

Gore is out rushing Shady.  Gore is a better complementary RB to Singletary.  Gore is a better role model for Singletary.  Gore has been healthier throughout his career and this season than Shady.

I am not sure what having Shady over Gore would do for this team. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yes.

How different did it look with Singletary in there? Hats off to @Kirby Jackson who was banging the table at that draft pick! Heck, I’d never even heard of the guy before that pick, but I think the entire NFL will know the name soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

How different did it look with Singletary in there? Hats off to @Kirby Jackson who was banging the table at that draft pick! Heck, I’d never even heard of the guy before that pick, but I think the entire NFL will know the name soon. 

@Kirby Jackson did nail it and my son and I both have been big fans since the pick. We have had a discussion about getting him the ball every game in which he has been healthy.  During the 1st quarter yesterday, he texted me, “Finally!!!!!”

I would say if you had 3rd and long, Gore is a man in pass protection, I think Singletary needs to be a slot in those situations, he has better escapability than our Wr's for outlets.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

I would say if you had 3rd and long, Gore is a man in pass protection, I think Singletary needs to be a slot in those situations, he has better escapability than our Wr's for outlets.

Agreed. Dude is just dangerous in space. Even a two back set with a TE. Gore and TE as blockers and singletary out of the backfield. Not sure if he can get off the los clean as a wideout but his elusiveness can’t hurt that...

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I mean, it isn't a felony is it? Harsh and maybe a violation of UN Human rights charter or some such.

If you are not firm, they will never learn! (I’m guessing he just leans more toward the beef on weck for a while, it’s OK.)

• Haha (+1) 1