Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Shaw66

Show me the baby.

This team doesn’t deserve the recognition until they prove other wise.

Go crush the Browns this week and knock off the Patriots to win the AFC East.

So far, they’ve won games against bad teams and struggled to do it.

The defense is not nearly as good as people had thought weeks ago and the offense is in the dark ages. Have Allen win a game when the defense does not show up and then we can talk. This team needs a lot more pieces to play with the big boys. You want press? Take down the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and you will get more than you could have ever wanted.

1 hour ago, Bongo said:

I do think there is truth to the fact that bigger win margins would make us more exciting to the media given our history. 

That said, I swear people will complain to complain. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t win games. Now we’re winning and we still B word. I could just see us winning every game from here to a Super Bowl victory by one point and people would be saying “yes, we finally won a championship after all this time but I don’t think I can celebrate because there weren’t enough style points to the wins”. 

When the Red Sox broke the curse, did the fans care how many points they won the games by? Holy *****. 

The questioned posed was about media attention.

My answer, if that’s what you’re referencing in your little tizzy here, was in response to that.

We are boring and lack flow on offense. We also have no big names on that side of the ball. If Allen was slinging 350 and 4 TDs, or we were hanging 40 burgers on the regular , we’d ALL be hearing more about it.

1 hour ago, Bongo said:

That said, I swear people will complain to complain.

100% this. I worked at Wegmans for almost 10 years from my teens to my twenties. One valuable lesson it taught me about negativity is that some people are just having a bad day, but other people are just hardwired for pissing and moaning, no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well, the national media is talking about us NOW! They have to, we’re playing the Browns and they never STOP talking about the Browns. I prefer OUR role in that conversation (though the Browns and their run game concern me....at least we are not the circus turned tire fire in Cleveland!). 

I hope no one is expecting this to change this week.  Sunday is the last stand for all those who crammed onto the Browns bandwagon before the season.

If the Bills lose it gives that crowd new life and validates the ‘Bills are pretenders’ narrative.

Come on Bills!

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I hope no one is expecting this to change this week.  Sunday is the last stand for all those who crammed onto the Browns bandwagon before the season.

If the Bills lose it gives that crowd new life and validates the ‘Bills are pretenders’ narrative.

Come on Bills!

If the Bills win it validates the “they haven’t beaten a decent team” narrative, so just keep beating the team in front of you.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, Virgil said:

It’s the same reason to me we aren’t favored to beat the 2-6 Browns really.  

We haven’t made anyone believe we can beat a competent team.  

Haven't read all the posts, but in the RADIO.COM NFL Power Rankings the Bills are 15th, which puts them behind even the Panthers.

5 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Not sure why anybody would be bothered by this. We have not beaten any team with a winning pedigree.

Besides, I prefer Superbowl by stealth.

As would I.

also, and apologies I didn’t read this whole thread, but they do get credit. Sure, it may only be in the power rankings. But those are put together by national outlets. Bills are what? 6,7,8 in just about every one of them? That’s credit.

Yes, I am sure we would all love a glowing, long-form profile in SI or ESPN of Jordan Phillips or Micah Hyde. Won’t happen until the team does damage in the playoffs (or perhaps earlier, if they can sneak the division away from NE.)

10 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Besides, I prefer Superbowl by stealth.

for example....?

i would nominate the Raiders/Eagles of 1980 as a truly open playoff year as the Steelers were finally finished

and the year the Rams and Titans got there in another truly open playoff year

2019 isn't shaping up to be like that, so far....

5 minutes ago, Buffaloed in Pa said:

They havent beaten anyone that is a above average team. 

that's how it burns

at least they got the Jets/Bengals/Fish to choke away won games

it all washes out in the end.

Edited by row_33

On 11/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am saying the Patriots have played ***** teams this year, too. What have you done for me lately?

When your in the last 4 out of 5 superbowls and have been in every afccg since 2011. You tend to get the benefit of doubt.

• Like (+1) 1