Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Shaw66

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I just took a look at the stats.   Bills are 6-2, as we all know.  Bills are 3rd best in yards per game defense, behind the Pats and 49ers, and 3rd best in points per game defense, behind the 49ers and Pats, and NO ONE is talking about the Bills.  

Small market team, no sex appeal, no big-name stars, nothing that makes the Bills interesting except that their defense is great and they're winning.   That's not enough to make them worth covering, I guess.   If they beat the Browns, they're a game behind the Pats in the division, and no one is interested  

You always mention how long youve been a fan, are you not used to this by now?! Plus, why would you want the type of hype a team like the Browns have gotten?! They wont get the perennially dominant team hype/respect and the other kind is flash in the pan. Take care of business and do what you do. Who cares if anyone notices?! Sometimes this small city grudge is kinda silly/annoying. Besides,  if someone talks about the Bills being 6-2 the 1st thing they say is 'ya but look who theyve played' which, isnt their fault as u play who u play... but is that fun for you to listen to?!

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Why does it matter what national media says? Win some playoff games and people will talk... Actually beat Cleveland, Dallas, Ravens, Patriots and people will talk.

I like us being under the radar right now, it leaves Josh and the rest of the younger players to focus on honing their craft and becoming better and not trying to keep up with Randy "Tegridy" Mayfield

Schedule this, schedule that, blah blah blah. They didn't make the schedule. They didn't hire Crazy Eyes Gase, they didn't twist Miami's tiddies into tank mode, they didn't hire Zac Taylor, they have exactly zero to do with the teams they've played being dumpster fires this season. 

I'm convinced that they'd still be perceived exactly as they are now even with a victory over the Pats, Eagles, or both. Analysts have zero belief that this team is for real even if they'd been ripping through teams this season and winning every game by 30 points. It'd go like this..

*Monotone delivery*

"The Bills beat the Patriots today, 67-9. They picked off Tom Brady eleven times and held Julian Edleman to one catch for negative 84 yards. The Bills are now 14-0 and have yet to allow a touchdown this season. They are well on their way to winning their 59th consecutive Super Bowl.

*With all the excitement of a five-year-old who just got his first Nintendo*

"Let's talk about Tom Brady's cleat choice!! Good gravy, did you see those pretty pink sneakers glitter and shine under the lights?? What a miraculous, amazing, incredible, godlike, tremendous, phenomenal, amazingly brave, courageous man to have the skill to wear those cleats so splendidly! Good lord, I'd let the man slap my face and steal my wife!"

Something like that. I can't wait for the endless discussion this week about Baker Mayfield's f'n facial hair. What's more important here, is who in the h-e-dubble-hockeystix names their kid Baker?

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Daboll needs a bit of overarching guidance.  Martz needed Vermeil to help give him some structure.  Gilbride needed Coughlin.

My hope is that rather than dump him and take the setback that changing a system inevitably brings, McDermott could "coach the coach" and he can improve.

His playcalling and play design can be brilliant at times.

Hap, I could not agree more.  We've seen it numerous times - including the NE* game and yesterday's game - where Daboll can call a drive that takes advantage of the defense's weaknesses, as well as best utilizes the talent we have on our offense.  He just seems to abandon those things as soon as they prove to be successful.

I'd love to say he's outsmarting himself, but there's nothing smart about it.  If it ain't broke; don't fix it.  Just be ready to adjust when it does break.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hap, I could not agree more.  We've seen it numerous times - including the NE* game and yesterday's game - where Daboll can call a drive that takes advantage of the defense's weaknesses, as well as best utilizes the talent we have on our offense.  He just seems to abandon those things as soon as they prove to be successful.

I'd love to say he's outsmarting himself, but there's nothing smart about it.  If it ain't broke; don't fix it.  Just be ready to adjust when it does break.

I don’t want to have to “start over” again. That’s not good for Josh, or anyone else unless you have a Kyle Shanahan or Lincoln Riley coming in....and that ain’t happening.  I hope they can work the kinks out and stop getting too cute. At times it looks like a real NFL offense. But other times.......need improvement. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I could care less at this point in the season what the media or pundits think. Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself! Bills get to the playoffs this year, add more talent in the draft and land some FA’s with their cap space and they will get plenty of prime games in 2020! 

Sorry but this ISNT the same ole Bills as in the past!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Hard to get a "signature" win when you play Miami, NY Jets, Cinny and  Washington.

Actually its not, if you dominate those teams (like you should) they take notice. When you need 4th quarter comebacks and struggle during the games to keep the lead, your not going to get the respect of being great.

4 hours ago, Bongo said:

I get what people are saying about our schedule but here were the other 7 wins besides the Bills “barely” win in the Pats 8-0 start.  

Steelers

Dolphins

Jets

Redskins

Giants

Jets

Browns

But they are the Pats and we are the Bills. They have been relevant and we haven’t in recent history. And they’re a big market team with Brady. 

And they won all of those games by double digits, in most cases embarrassing the other team

In most of those games when the Bills played, the score was close and 4th quarter comebacks were needed.......

Being in a small market never seems to be an issue for the packers

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am saying the Patriots have played ***** teams this year, too. What have you done for me lately?

It doesn't matter, they have earned the respect because of their past 20 years of play

And outside of their win against the Bills, they have dominated the teams in their other wins

Something the Bills havent done yet.

I ask the same question that I have asked a million times...................

Why does anyone care about this stuff?

The Bills are 6-2 and the Browns are up next. 

We will all watch the Browns game no matter people think, and that's all that matters. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think after the Eagles game it left a bad taste for every fan that should have been a game a good team wins & they made some weakness known which is a good thing because now they can work on it before the post season comes around .

If they hadn't been exposed in the run game they might have went through out the season thinking they were okay & could have learned to little to late but now they can correct it & move forward but until they take it to a really good team i'll be a touch skeptical ...

Which could be the reason why the media acts the way it does towards the Bills .

Edited by T master

If Buffalo beats Cleveland, the national headlines will be how the Browns have reached a new low this season.  Buffalo's next chance to force some positive notice will be by winning on Thanksgiving Day versus Dallas, provided they win their games leading up to Dallas. 

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

If Buffalo beats Cleveland, the national headlines will be how the Browns have reached a new low this season.  Buffalo's next chance to force some positive notice will be by winning on Thanksgiving Day versus Dallas, provided they win their games leading up to Dallas. 

I disagree, despite the 2 - 6 record I believe a win this Sunday against a much better Browns team then the record indicates will make all the talking heads stand up and take notice. Another loss buries the Browns and a reborn Bills team will emerge.

Execution Brownie points...

How is this for coverage??

r623318_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=628&h=251&sca

THE WIFE OF Bills safety Micah Hyde stands in the bed of a black Chevy Avalanche, bearing the wind gusts and the rain-hail two-for-one combo, reveling in the ketchup-and-mustard ceremony (ritual? shenanigans?). Amanda is no more than 20 feet back from the mess of it all, but she has also stood on that corroding van before as ketchup-and-mustard guest shooter. There's no real mystery as to who she is -- "HYDE HYDE HYDE HYDE HYDE HYDE," blares a white T-shirt under her gray hoodie -- the mystery is why she's here.

She lifts her arm and points to the swarming fans. Hello, look around, yes, that's why.

I don't think some people realize how hard a team can play when desperate for a win. The Browns despite the 2 - 6 record will approach and play the Bills like its a playoff game. Just like Philly and every team Buffalo has faced. 6 - 2 is what the record indicates.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

I disagree, despite the 2 - 6 record I believe a win this Sunday against a much better Browns team then the record indicates will make all the talking heads stand up and take notice. Another loss buries the Browns and a reborn Bills team will emerge.

Execution Brownie points...

The only way the national media starts to take notice is if they start beating the bad teams convincingly, not scratching out wins against the worst teams with 4th quarter comebacks. Once they start beating the bad teams convincingly, and winning games against winning teams, they will be viewed as not being as good as their record and won't be taken seriously. Their wins aren't impressing anyone outside of Buffalo. 

The Eagles game wasn't anything new or revealing, it just magnified what has happened all year except they are a good team and won the game. In week 2 the Giants started out the game showing everyone the Bills weakness in trying to stop the run when they had Barkley running over everyone. They beat the Jets and Titans only because neither of them had a kicker who could hit a FG to save their lives. The Pats loss appears to be more of an outlier/fluke result where it may have just been a bad/off week by the Pats then the Bills really being that good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Win or lose, we're going to get more press this week. But look at the games last week: I don't think it's a stretch to say Buffalo/Washington was the least interesting one on the NFL schedule. A good team beat a bad team at home. The one angle it had going for it - Haskins' debut - lacked punch as well. He played not great, but not a disaster.

6 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Win or lose, we're going to get more press this week. But look at the games last week: I don't think it's a stretch to say Buffalo/Washington was the least interesting one on the NFL schedule. A good team beat a bad team at home. The one angle it had going for it - Haskins' debut - lacked punch as well. He played not great, but not a disaster.

7-2 in this season should get some positive pub

maybe the Bills don't bother with marketing outside a few Buffalo restaurants and bars?