Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Shaw66

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

They also played New England and Philadelphia.

Right.

You are what your record says you are.

...incredibly sad but expected......6-2 and we get the chorus of "Monday Mourning" ...same DAMN chorus if we were 2-6.......go figure.......

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Why is it amazing?

Bills haven’t beaten anyone and even the bad teams they face they can’t impose their will and dominate.

Haven’t won a playoff game since before anyone knew the name Monica Lewinsky. Until proven otherwise, people are going to assume we finish 8-8 and why shouldn’t they?

...so she rebuffed you and now we get to weather your usual drivel?....oh joy....SMH......

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s the same reason to me we aren’t favored to beat the 2-6 Browns really.  

We haven’t made anyone believe we can beat a competent team.  

some are calling the Bills a total fraud, which is harsh

36 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

After all the seasons of futility, this organization would need more than just one signature won to reclaim respectibility.

I would think the opposite. After over 15 years of being irrelevant, simply making it to the playoffs should be a big story. Next year the expectation should go up. Truthfully we aren't covered because we are a small market team and our core players are still relatively unknown. If we make it to a wildcard spot that will start to change.

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Six of the Patriots 9 games have been against the same teams the Bills have played.   The Bills put up the same numbers defensively against those teams as the Pats did, the Bills shut down the high flying Pats offense, and the Pats were being hailed, until last night, as perhaps the best defense in the history of football.   How can the Bills get the same results as the Pats against the same teams and not even be mentioned?   

Because we are the Bills, it’s that simple, two decades of no results, made the playoffs because of another teams output, kinda taints ones image. Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, makes no difference until we get back to the playoffs under our own steam, and then we gotta win a playoff game, no if ands or buts.  We have zero track record for being formidable as a football team. That’s why. I’ve been a fan for a long time, and I see it plain as day.

Next year we will need to make the playoffs again and win playoff games, that’s all that counts, if we do that,  and have an offense that can score three four tds every single game,  then and only then do we become part of the picture/conversation. Jmo.

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would think the opposite. After over 15 years of being irrelevant, simply making it to the playoffs should be a big story. Next year the expectation should go up. Truthfully we aren't covered because we are a small market team and our core players are still relatively unknown. If we make it to a wildcard spot that will start to change.

they did get to the playoffs two years ago

forgotten or dismissed already by fans?

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Six of the Patriots 9 games have been against the same teams the Bills have played.   The Bills put up the same numbers defensively against those teams as the Pats did, the Bills shut down the high flying Pats offense, and the Pats were being hailed, until last night, as perhaps the best defense in the history of football.   How can the Bills get the same results as the Pats against the same teams and not even be mentioned?   

Patriots get mentioned because they have dominated the league for 20 years and have the greatest coach and QB of all time.  They have crushed their opponents compared to the Bills.   

Here are the Bills defensive results compared to how others have fared against the same teams.  

Jets.  On average the Jets have scored 12 points per game.  Bills allowed 16 -   Below avg defensive performance
Giants. On average giants opponents scored 20 points a game.  Bills allowed 14 . Above avg. defensive performance

Bengals. On average Bengals opponents scored 16 points a game.  Bills allowed 17. Average defensive performance

Patriots.  On average Patriots have scored 30 points a game. Bills allowed 16. Above average defensive performance best game of year for the defense

Titans. On average Titans have scored 19 points a game. Bills allowed 7. Above average defensive performance.    

At this stage, I ranked the Bills ahead of the Chiefs as the second best team in the AFC because the defense was performing at a high level

Dolphins.  The exposure game.  On average Dolphins have scored 13 points a game.  Bills allowed 21 Below average defensive performance

Eagles . On average Eagles have scored 25 points a game. Bills allowed 31. Below average defensive performance. 
Redskins. On average the Redskins have scored 9 points a game.  Bills Allowed 12.  Slightly above average performance.  

The body of work the last three games (3/8 of total played)  for the defense is below average.  For the season as a whole the performance is slightly above average.  Slightly above average is not bad. Its also not great.  I would call it a slightly above average defense.    

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think in the eyes of the national media they look further back when doling out respect.

i would expect that about 99% of fans would know this, but on here you never know...  :D

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

....well Terry has chimed in.......

Terry Bradshaw says Buffalo is 'bad football team' but Bills don't care what people think

Ryan C Miller, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 9:49 p.m. ET Nov. 3, 2019 | Updated 1:34 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2019

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/11/03/terry-bradshaw-says-buffalo-bills-bad-football-team-micah-hyde-doesnt-care-strength-of-schedule/4152507002/

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show this AM and he was bashing Josh Allen BIG TIME.  Said he is not a starting caliber NFL QB and that he is holding the Buffalo Offense back.  One of the other guys seemed to stick up for Josh and blamed Dabols play calling but Dan wasn't having it.  

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show this AM and he was bashing Josh Allen BIG TIME.  Said he is not a starting caliber NFL QB and that he is holding the Buffalo Offense back.  One of the other guys seemed to stick up for Josh and blamed Dabols play calling but Dan wasn't having it.  

I guarantee you that Dan Patrick has not watched a full Bills game this year. He just looks at the stats and talks nonesense. Bottom line is 6 - 2 

• Awesome! (+1) 1