Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Shaw66

Who cares. 

When oour offense gets hot and we began to really start trashing team and win the some playoff games and possibly the SUPERBOWL than they will notice.

Oh wait they are going to say there were not quality teams in the playoffs. :)

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s the same reason to me we aren’t favored to beat the 2-6 Browns really.  

We haven’t made anyone believe we can beat a competent team.  

Always with the negative waves Moriarty...always with the negative waves.  (Credit to Kelly's Heroes, 1970)

;)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Because we don't have a signature win.

No doubt, 6-2 is an impressive record but what one of those six wins are you going to point at and demand we get respect nationally from?

Hard to get a "signature" win when you play Miami, NY Jets, Cinny and  Washington.

14 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just took a look at the stats.   Bills are 6-2, as we all know.  Bills are 3rd best in yards per game defense, behind the Pats and 49ers, and 3rd best in points per game defense, behind the 49ers and Pats, and NO ONE is talking about the Bills.  

Small market team, no sex appeal, no big-name stars, nothing that makes the Bills interesting except that their defense is great and they're winning.   That's not enough to make them worth covering, I guess.   If they beat the Browns, they're a game behind the Pats in the division, and no one is interested  

Defense is not great. Its performed at the league average against the teams they have played.  

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Hard to get a "signature" win when you play Miami, NY Jets, Cinny and  Washington.

They also played New England and Philadelphia.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree bud.......so you ignore it and just play your next opponent.....not much else to do and besides, why bother or care?............

Right.

You are what your record says you are.

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s the same reason to me we aren’t favored to beat the 2-6 Browns really.  

We haven’t made anyone believe we can beat a competent team.  

But the Browns are about as far from a competent team as they come. Not saying we can't lose to them, but we should be favored in that game. Honestly, I can get the ignoring the Bills; I just don't get the continued adoration of the Browns. They clearly are a mess. (My having said that probably ensures they will go 10-6 now.)

(also sorry if I was a bit over the top yesterday wrt to the endless positivity v. negativity wars. i don't question your fandom, just was playing off one of your comments)

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Defense is not great. Its performed at the league average against the teams they have played.  

Six of the Patriots 9 games have been against the same teams the Bills have played.   The Bills put up the same numbers defensively against those teams as the Pats did, the Bills shut down the high flying Pats offense, and the Pats were being hailed, until last night, as perhaps the best defense in the history of football.   How can the Bills get the same results as the Pats against the same teams and not even be mentioned?   

• Like (+1) 2

I've always felt that because of how small a market Buffalo is and because of our long history of losing, the Bills have to be EXTRA good or interesting to get national headlines. The Bills are neither right now.

I totally agree that a 6-2 team with the #3 overall defense should be a big national story in the NFL. If the Jets had our exact record and defensive ranking, for instance, there'd be round-the-clock coverage of how great they were and whether or not they're poised to overtake the Pats for the east. Instead, because it's Buffalo, it's a non-story.

Only one way for Buffalo to change this: Become consistent winners. Contend every year for playoffs and championships. Until that happens, national media won't give a damn. Sad, but true.

• Like (+1) 3

I get what people are saying about our schedule but here were the other 7 wins besides the Bills “barely” win in the Pats 8-0 start.  

Steelers

Dolphins

Jets

Redskins

Giants

Jets

Browns

But they are the Pats and we are the Bills. They have been relevant and we haven’t in recent history. And they’re a big market team with Brady. 

17 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Because we don't have a signature win.

No doubt, 6-2 is an impressive record but what one of those six wins are you going to point at and demand we get respect nationally from?

So, who was New England's signature win? Buffalo? <_<

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was somewhat surprised that King, who now and then will throw us a bone in his FMIA column, mentioned us exactly zilch this AM, but he did have a blurb about that Washington team being epically bad...oh well, let's keep sneaking up on people for as long as possible, so we may not get their best shot on game day until we are already set for the playoffs? Plus it's good to have our guys feeling like they need to play with a prove-it chip on their shoulders. :)

King has a spot at HT of the late window games on British TV and he often mentions the Bills. He is a big McDermott and Beane fan. He didn't mention us this week because there is nothing new to say. We beat the teams we should beat - we have been doing all season - the time to comment is when we show we can beat a tough opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just took a look at the stats.   Bills are 6-2, as we all know.  Bills are 3rd best in yards per game defense, behind the Pats and 49ers, and 3rd best in points per game defense, behind the 49ers and Pats, and NO ONE is talking about the Bills.  

Small market team, no sex appeal, no big-name stars, nothing that makes the Bills interesting except that their defense is great and they're winning.   That's not enough to make them worth covering, I guess.   If they beat the Browns, they're a game behind the Pats in the division, and no one is interested  

Why is it amazing?

Bills haven’t beaten anyone and even the bad teams they face they can’t impose their will and dominate.

Haven’t won a playoff game since before anyone knew the name Monica Lewinsky. Until proven otherwise, people are going to assume we finish 8-8 and why shouldn’t they?

I'll take the words of the legend Bruce Smith over the media any day. He likes the direction they're going but he obviously states they're not there yet. I recommend listening to the video and the words of the great Bruce Smith regarding the present Bills and what they need to do to become contenders.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1