Buffalo Bills Pushing to Expand Brand North

wppete

Its all about winning and becoming a brand people want to identify with.  That phony Toronto series was nothing but an unshared revenue grab, and a dress rehearsal for Ted Rogers to move the Bills to Toronto eventually.

I do think that once this team is relevant (now?)... they should absolutely play a preseason game(s) in Montreal, Hamilton, Ottawa, and possibly Toronto.  When the Bills' number comes up for the international series, they should try to lean hard to play the game in Canada, preferably in Toronto or Montreal

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

If the bills consistently made the playoffs, even once every 3 years. They wouldn't have to worry about regionalizing the team.

It would sort of be automatic, right?

But I do think efforts toward Albany and Binghamton are important to win people over from the Giants/Jets/Patriots/Steelers/Eagles.

Canada, mostly the Golden Horseshoe, has a lot of population and even though a lot go to Bills games, it is largely untapped and there for the taking.  Most of the opposing fans we see at Bills games are Canadians.  If the Bills are a successful teams, those jerseys will convert to blue, white, and red, and more people will support the team (and that will include the GTA corporate community to a point).  

Montreal/Ottawa are ripe for the pickings.  I have friends there who love the Bills and going to games.  Our version of sports/fun on gamedays is right up their alley and perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

It would sort of be automatic, right?

But I do think efforts toward Albany and Binghamton are important to win people over from the Giants/Jets/Patriots/Steelers/Eagles.

Canada, mostly the Golden Horseshoe, has a lot of population and even though a lot go to Bills games, it is largely untapped and there for the taking.  Most of the opposing fans we see at Bills games are Canadians.  If the Bills are a successful teams, those jerseys will convert to blue, white, and red, and more people will support the team (and that will include the GTA corporate community to a point).  

Montreal/Ottawa are ripe for the pickings.  I have friends there who love the Bills and going to games.  Our version of sports/fun on gamedays is right up their alley and perfect.

I was at the game yesterday vs Washigton and the parking lots and tailgate was full of Canadian Bills fans. Impressive to see.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes!!!  What a novel idea to get Canadian fans to come to more home games.  I don't think that has ever occurred in 60 years of Bills football.

well, it is a long drive from Ft Erie

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes!!!  What a novel idea to get Canadian fans to come to more home games.  I don't think that has ever occurred in 60 years of Bills football.

if they like it, maybe they'll come for Sabre games as well