All I want for draft day(s) is

Cripple Creek

On 12/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, whorlnut said:

Take a look at Tee Higgins. With all the talent at the top, he might slip a little after Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb. I really can’t see 4 WRs going before we pick. 

If that does happen though, they seem to have really scouted USC games this year and Michael Pittman might be a target in the second. He’s a big dude at 6’4”, 220 and has really strong hands. 

Pittman is a good fit for the Bills with his size and is also a good blocker.  2nd round they might have to move up to get him.  I like that pick for them.   Justin Jefferson, WR for LSU is another player that is similar.  Really good class of WRs.  Even someone like Joe Reed from UVA in the very late rounds or as a UDFA would be a good depth player because of his kick return abilities and has good hands and speed.  Van Jefferson, UF is another guy that is a good WR that will be available in the mid to late rounds that is the son of an NFL WR coach and former player, Shawn Jefferson. The Bills can address the need at WR throughout the draft.

For that reason they may want to pick what will be harder to come by when they have the opportunity.  I think they need another solid OL player, a Edge rusher, and depth at RB and QB outside of WR.

I think the Bills should pick an OL in the first three rounds, especially if they can get Mekhi Becton, T, Louisville.  Play him at RT to get his feet wet in the NFL and move Ford inside.  I'm even fine with them taking him in the first round, but that may be a bit high.

In the later rounds the Bills could add some depth on Offense IMO - Watched the Orange Bowl and Bryce Perkins QB, UVA really impressed with his pocket presence, ability to throw under pressure, and ability to read the defense; LaMichael Perine, RB, UF also demonstrated why he is an underrated prospect that struggled behind a crappy run blocking OL, but broke several explosive plays during the season.  Jonathan Greenard, UF is also a 2nd-3rd round prospect at DE that is just a smart player, a leader, and has great pass rushing moves and doesn't ever give up on plays.

I watch a lot of SEC games and UF games so I know their players better than other conferences.  I think CJ Wilson at corner is way overhyped as a first round CB.  He misses assignments a lot and it lead to many big plays against their D, and he didn't fare well against more physical receivers.  A Freshman came in and played for him in the Orange Bowl and it was a drastic improvement - although that Freshman is likely going to be a huge star in his own right being a very highly ranked recruit.  Zuniga, DL is also going to get a lot of hype and be drafted high, but he is constantly injured, commits a lot of penalties, and is overaggressive on the edge leading to good OL easily taking him out of plays.  This is how I know that how people rank prospects is not based on good enough information sometimes - and I get it, its hard to watch all of these teams closely.  I wouldn't touch either Wilson or Zuniga.  I think they are great athletes, but not great players.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.