Weird stuff happens when we play the Brownies

Dan Darragh

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Another one of those games where a team tries to right its ship. 

Eagles were in a desperation game and they reemed us.

If we keep doing dumb things losing 30 yards after being at 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and fumbling and calling the wrong plays....

This is a game we know we could have won but ended up losing

Maybe if they start going for some big plays more often it would help. You can't always try to go down field in 10 plays. The Bills schedule is harder in the second half. They need to keep their foot on the gas on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

It feels like something is going to go wrong.

The playing surface is a Kentucky Bluegrass irrigated field, with a sand-soil root zone and an underground heating system that involves nine boilers and 40 miles (64 km) of underground piping.  

Maybe the piping is going to burst, flood the field, and turn it into a giant mud pit.

Bills/Browns relive the magic of the 6-3 game, and go on record as having played the two worst games in NFL history against each other.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

there was the monday night game that Evans and/or Owens were wide open streaming down the field nearly every play and Edwards wouldnt throw it

Ah, memories. I was about 10 rows up towards the end zone on the sidelines for that wonderful heart-ripping lost. Trent threw 3 picks in the first quarter, and we could all clearly see Lee Evans running WIDE-A**-OPEN on most routes, and Trent never threw it his way. 

Somehow we come all the way back for the winning field goal attempt, and of course we missed it. The looks of the fans still in their seats after the game was unforgettable. Just total "beaten-down" faces.

51 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That will only be an issue against the Jets......(for the Jets of course)

It does seem like the games against the Browns always end up with the weather being odd and the game being brutal. Anyone check the weather report yet? Cleveland expecting a blizzard this weekend?

image.thumb.png.49cfd6074cb959ec3a83e84bce12831a.png

I saw the Bills beat the Browns 42-0 in the old Cleveland Stadium in 1990.

My buddy's truck broke down on the Thruway halfway home.  Had to get a ride in a Trooper's car to the nearest exit.  That game started at 4:00, so it must have been around 2 or 3AM when I finally got home. So, yeah, weird stuff does happen when the Bills play the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I was at that 6-3 game.  Definitely the worst game I have ever watched.  Really liked when Parrish tried to pick up the ball with 5 Brownies about 10 feet away.

Ah the memories when this game gets brought up.  It's one of those experiences that can't be fully appreciated unless you were actually there.  I feel like there should be some kind of support group comprised of the fans that were at that game.  We all collectively experienced something so awful, so horrible, that the shared experience bonds us in a brotherhood for the rest of our days that can never be broken.  

My son and I still talk about this game.  His experience was even worse - he was a young kid and had a bad case of the flu but wanted badly to go all the same.  The highlight of the game was a guy running down our aisle in the upper deck and tripping almost exactly at our row and literally going airborne like some kind of drunk fan superhero - flying parallel to the aisle for what seemed like 20 rows before crashing head first at the bottom.  Then he popped up and disappeared.  It was incredible.  The only good thing we saw that day.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I was at that 6-3 game.  Definitely the worst game I have ever watched.  Really liked when Parrish tried to pick up the ball with 5 Brownies about 10 feet away.

This was the most excruciating game I have ever watched in the history of me watching this team (even the superbowl loses). 6 - 3 loss at home. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I remember the 8-0 snow game where Moorman had a snap go flying over his head and he kicked it out the back of the end zone for a safety.  First 8-0 game in the NFL since something like 1927.

I remember the 6-3 game where Derek Anderson won the game for the Browns by completing 2 passes all afternoon for all of 23 yards.  Bleacher Report called that the "worst game ever" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Weird stuff happens against the Browns.  I'm already losing sleep over it.

I was thinking about this on my drive into work today. This game scares me a bit. Like you said, weird $**t seems to happen when we play them, and they always play us tough.

worst ever game, the 0-9 Bills hosted the 1-8 Browns.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198411040buf.htm

Bills were ahead and moving the ball late in the 4th, then

there's film of this.... 2 INCs a fumble return to the house and the heartbreaking clinching score by the Browns on a fumbled reception....