Weird stuff happens when we play the Brownies

Dan Darragh

I remember the 8-0 snow game where Moorman had a snap go flying over his head and he kicked it out the back of the end zone for a safety.  First 8-0 game in the NFL since something like 1927.

I remember the 6-3 game where Derek Anderson won the game for the Browns by completing 2 passes all afternoon for all of 23 yards.  Bleacher Report called that the "worst game ever" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Weird stuff happens against the Browns.  I'm already losing sleep over it.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I remember the 8-0 snow game where Moorman had a snap go flying over his head and he kicked it out the back of the end zone for a safety.  First 8-0 game in the NFL since something like 1927.

I remember the 6-3 game where Derek Anderson won the game for the Browns by completing 2 passes all afternoon for all of 23 yards.  Bleacher Report called that the "worst game ever" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Weird stuff happens against the Browns.  I'm already losing sleep over it.

Maybe we’ll get to see OBJ and Baker get into a fight

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

That will only be an issue against the Jets......(for the Jets of course)

It does seem like the games against the Browns always end up with the weather being odd and the game being brutal. Anyone check the weather report yet? Cleveland expecting a blizzard this weekend?

Edited by apuszczalowski

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

For people who want to compare McDermott to Jauron....please read that linked article and get back to us.... 

McDermott is better than Jauron but the philosophical basis for how they coach (or in Jauron's case, attempt to coach) are very similar.  It was a philosophy that had some validity -- and success -- a few decades ago but not in 2019.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That will only be an issue against the Jets......(for the Jets of course)

It does seem like the games against the Browns always end up with the weather being odd and the game being brutal. Anyone check the weather report yet? Cleveland expecting a blizzard this weekend?

Tsunami spotted off the coast of Lake Erie. 

Another one of those games where a team tries to right its ship. 

Eagles were in a desperation game and they reemed us.

If we keep doing dumb things losing 30 yards after being at 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and fumbling and calling the wrong plays....

This is a game we know we could have won but ended up losing

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

OK, popping this over from another thread but did anyone else notice last night, when the Ravens opened up a 17-0 lead on the Patriots, NBC put up a graphic of Lamar Jackson while playing the theme from Ghostbusters in the background?

?

The Bills are 4-4 against the Browns since they were reconstituted in 1999. They have won the last two in convincing fashion (both in Buffalo, in 2014 and 2016), and are 0-2 at Cleveland (the 8-0 snowstorm in 2007 loss and the Monday night loss in 2013 when Jeff Tuel came in for an injured Manuel and threw a pick six that basically cost them the game).