Unsung heroes from redskins game...

Hebert19

Andre Roberts finally got going in the return game a bit.  

McKenzie did what he does.  Makes some big plays when needed.  He kept that first drive going with a good catch and added to it with the jet sweep.  

Anyone else?  Murphy seemed to have a decent game too?

• Like (+1) 1

I really liked how Knox played yesterday.  He blocked well, and he made a much more concerted effort to focus on the ball when it was thrown to him.  On the play down by the goal line and the catch that was close to a first down, while he didn't what he wanted on either play he kept the ball secure.  I think yesterday was a big step in his progression

• Like (+1) 1

McKenzie, but not for the reasons you mentioned. 

McKenzie is keyed on by defenders. His jet motion was a HUGE part of the Bills run game success. Every time he motioned, he either made a few defenders hesitate, or made a good block downfield. Sometimes, the block didn’t necessarily matter as the play was stopped short, but there will be a time where he springs Singletary for 40 yards. That misdirection is absolutely crucial. The play where we motioned him one way and ran the quick toss the other to Singletary was genius. Daboll needs to get more credit too IMO.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Surely you jest! How about the no PI call on the pass to Brown where the defender was tackling him at the knees long before the ball got there? Really can’t believe we didn’t challenge that one.

Props to McD for not challenging.  He has a terrible challenge record, and he is not rightfully gun-shy, but this would likely not get overturned the way they call it.

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Very true.  It didn't determine the output of the game so I actually forgot about that one.  if it was challenged, it probably wouldn't have been overturned anyway.

It killed a drive that could have sealed them game earlier. I know they aren't reversing most PI challenges, but I think it would have been worth the try. This one was pretty obvious - others that weren't overturned were closer.

• Like (+1) 1

Not saying that it wasn't, but that picture doesn't scream "definitely will be overturned."  The ball is really close, I don't feel Norman's timing is off by that much.  Like I said, it was pass interference, but not worth the challenge and was never going to be overturned

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That is basically his MO this year. They have started mixing some more Siran Neal in on early downs thinking he is a superior run defender.

This is incorrect, Siran Neal did not play a single defensive snap yesterday. Kevin Johnson played a handful at nickel, Neal only played special teams. 

37 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

This is incorrect, Siran Neal did not play a single defensive snap yesterday. Kevin Johnson played a handful at nickel, Neal only played special teams. 

Ah thanks. I am a bit fuzzy on the numbers of our backups. I presumed it was Neal. 

Dwayne Haskins, for surviving that sack by Jordan Phillips. It’s not often you see the big boys get a full head of steam and beeline route to the QB like that. Haskins didn’t think to dump it off because he probably thought anything that massive moving that fast was the moon crashing into the earth and we were all toast anyway.