Adrian Peterson on Devin Singletary: When Real recognizes Real...

Big Turk

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Its time for Devin to be our lead back.

Gore should only come in to spell at this point, maybe short yardage but he didn't look good doing that yesterday.

I really hope personnel decisions aren't being made solely to help Gore reach 3rd overall in yardage, nice but we need to have the most productive players on the field.

I think the decision has been made. Singletary is going to be the starter from here on. We will still see a healthy does of Gore I feel but he is not the lead dog now.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It took Peterson 1 quarter to recognize what Singletary brings to the game and it took our coaching staff 5 games.

Hopefully, he remains featured in the gameplan from this point forward.

Hey, I'm as willing to be critical of Bills' management as anyone, but this criticism strikes me as completely unfair. They drafted him in Round 3 after many others passed on him multiple times; they let Shady go because they were convinced he could make an immediate impact; they worked him into the rotation; he got hurt, and they allowed him time to fully heal before bringing him back or giving him a big workload. After all of that, we've got half a season now where he'll likely be our primary RB. That's worthy of a compliment, not criticism. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hey, I'm as willing to be critical of Bills' management as anyone, but this criticism strikes me as completely unfair. They drafted him in Round 3 after many others passed on him multiple times; they let Shady go because they were convinced he could make an immediate impact; they worked him into the rotation; he got hurt, and they allowed him time to fully heal before bringing him back or giving him a big workload. After all of that, we've got half a season now where he'll likely be our primary RB. That's worthy of a compliment, not criticism. 

As someone who rarely complains about, or criticizes, this team. I think it is absolutely fair to question how Singletary could average around 6 touches a game until yesterday. I don't care what round he was drafted in or how many teams passed on him. It was clear he was a natural playmaker. He was not injured the first two games and, by all indications, he has been 100% since his return from his injury.

If you want to give them the benefit of the doubt, feel free. However, to say they should be complimented for not really using him until yesterday is really going out of your way put a good spin on it.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was so pissed when the Bills just missed out on him back in '07.  Wish the off-field stuff didn't happen but on-field he's been a pro's pro.

Without a year long injury and a test long suspension would he have a shot at emit?  I say yes because both of those years were is his prime when he was ripping off 1500 yards a year. 

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He is being completely fair. It shows how stubborn and dumb Daboll has been this year. He will be replaced at the end of the year. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Peterson was quoted as saying 

"Wow, who is this kid? Because I was figuring to see Frank in there a little bit more, and then this young kid comes in there like a firecracker. I’m just like, ‘Wheeeeeeeeeew. He’s running. That’s my style. That’s what I like.’ I know Frank loves it, too. He’s very impressive. He did some great things in the run game, in the pass game, picking up blocks. He was very impressive to watch today.”’

Singletary also said after the game Peterson told him he had it and that just keep working hard and believing in God and everything would take care of itself and that he had the talent.  When a future hall of famer is impressed with you, that's when you know you have something special...Singletary could be a great one for the Bills...he certainly looks the part early on, dude just makes people look silly even on 4 yard runs sometimes...

"Motor" reminds me of Mike Garrett, the 60's great who played for the Chiefs (outta USC)    About the same size, and Garrett was all Pro several years running.

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

He is being completely fair. It shows how stubborn and dumb Daboll has been this year. He will be replaced at the end of the year. 

Daboll will be back next year.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Peterson was quoted as saying 

"Wow, who is this kid? Because I was figuring to see Frank in there a little bit more, and then this young kid comes in there like a firecracker. I’m just like, ‘Wheeeeeeeeeew. He’s running. That’s my style. That’s what I like.’ I know Frank loves it, too. He’s very impressive. He did some great things in the run game, in the pass game, picking up blocks. He was very impressive to watch today.”’

Singletary also said after the game Peterson told him he had it and that just keep working hard and believing in God and everything would take care of itself and that he had the talent.  When a future hall of famer is impressed with you, that's when you know you have something special...Singletary could be a great one for the Bills...he certainly looks the part early on, dude just makes people look silly even on 4 yard runs sometimes...

It is why we have all been screaming for Devin to get more touches. Feed him the ball- ALOT!!!

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I cant believe how much taller he is than Singletary

There's a reason his nickname is/was "AD". Even post-ACL and at his age he's built to take an deliver a pounding  

Singletary is built more to avoid one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

It took Peterson 1 quarter to recognize what Singletary brings to the game and it took our coaching staff 5 games.

Hopefully, he remains featured in the gameplan from this point forward.

In all honesty, they drafted him.  Im pretty sire they knew what they had.  

McDermott likes to try and develop players.  Theres a pattern with him.  He hides them and exposes them little by little.  He likes to call it "earn the right..."  I think that in combination with Singletary's injury kept him out longer then they wanted. 

They let McCoy go, and this kid was the reason. 

My biggest gripe was how they continued to put Gore in the game in critical situations when Singletary was on fire. 

There's no doubt going forward you need to start Devin. He's too versatile and the defense needs to account for him in too many ways to not utilize him much more. 

• Like (+1) 1