Adrian Peterson on Devin Singletary: When Real recognizes Real...

Big Turk

Peterson was quoted as saying 

"Wow, who is this kid? Because I was figuring to see Frank in there a little bit more, and then this young kid comes in there like a firecracker. I’m just like, ‘Wheeeeeeeeeew. He’s running. That’s my style. That’s what I like.’ I know Frank loves it, too. He’s very impressive. He did some great things in the run game, in the pass game, picking up blocks. He was very impressive to watch today.”’

Singletary also said after the game Peterson told him he had it and that just keep working hard and believing in God and everything would take care of itself and that he had the talent.  When a future hall of famer is impressed with you, that's when you know you have something special...Singletary could be a great one for the Bills...he certainly looks the part early on, dude just makes people look silly even on 4 yard runs sometimes...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

It took Peterson 1 quarter to recognize what Singletary brings to the game and it took our coaching staff 5 games.

Hopefully, he remains featured in the gameplan from this point forward.

Certainly something to side eye... injuries, inexperience, something else... who knows, BUT it may be a blessing in disguise as he should be fresh for the second half of the season.  

It's a shame Devin will never be good b/c he's "slow" (look at his 40 time!) and will - you know - get chased down from behind on all the 80+ yard straight line runs in the open field that RBs have with such frequency :rolleyes:

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We definitely forget how much that probably means to Singletary. He was in like high school when AP was carrying those Vikings teams to the playoffs and rushing for 2k off a torn ACL.

Think he was younger than that, but anyway that's not important. I agree, I'm sure that meant a lot to the kid. He's definitely been impressive.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Certainly something to side eye... injuries, inexperience, something else... who knows, BUT it may be a blessing in disguise as he should be fresh for the second half of the season.  

You're right, he should be fresher for the second half of the season. Still, Singletary is a natural playmaker and should have been featured in this offense from the first game. If I thought it was related to injury at all, I would be more understanding. However, I don't think it was. On an offense that needs playmakers, I just don't understand how they failed to incorporate, perhaps, the biggest playmaker.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

You're right, he should be fresher for the second half of the season. Still, Singletary is a natural playmaker and should have been featured in this offense from the first game. If I thought it was related to injury at all, I would be more understanding. However, I don't think it was. On an offense that needs playmakers, I just don't understand how they failed to incorporate, perhaps, the biggest playmaker.

I really like McDermott and staff but they do some strange personnel stuff..  Singletary/Gore workload up until Week 9.  Calling up Peko over Taylor, only to cut Peko and sign Taylor 2 weeks later after Peko struggled.  What is going on with Foster/Duke?

I do like that they eventually traded Zay and promoted Duke.   I do like that they awarded Phillips the start over Oliver, because he earned it. 

Overall though, I think he’s a very good coach and their personnel decisions at least aren’t flippant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

AP has had his problems off the field but man.... he still has some tread on those tires. He is one of the best to ever do it.

I’m rewatching the game now. His third big run in a row was a Houdinini. No idea how he stayed up in that pile then emerging running down the sideline.

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m happy we have Gore but I’d be happier with AD.  Best RB I’ve ever seen

I was so pissed when the Bills just missed out on him back in '07.  Wish the off-field stuff didn't happen but on-field he's been a pro's pro.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It's a shame Devin will never be good b/c he's slow in the 40 and will - you know - get chased down from behind on all the 80+ yard straight line runs in the open field that RBs have with such frequency :rolleyes:

Same speed as Terrell Davis and Emmitt Smith. We all know how they turned out. 

Its time for Devin to be our lead back.

Gore should only come in to spell at this point, maybe short yardage but he didn't look good doing that yesterday.

I really hope personnel decisions aren't being made solely to help Gore reach 3rd overall in yardage, nice but we need to have the most productive players on the field.